Myticas Consulting is hiring an Information Security Analyst to support and evaluate new technologies, systems, and infrastructure to determine potential security and operational impacts. This position works closely with IT operations personnel, application developers, administrators, system managers, and system owners to implement and maintain security controls. We are looking for someone who has participated in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises, and testing, as well as actual disasters or emergency events, by working closely with security and other teams to create and maintain a secure infrastructure.
- 7+ years experience in Information Security and Network.
- Palo Alto, ASA firewalls, CISCO Switches and Routers.
- TCP/IP and Ports configurations.
- Vulnerability Diagnostic Tools such as: Nessus and Nmap, Tenable.
- Information Security Standards, Applications and Controls
- Investigating event logging and syslog
- Experience with End Point security tools, configuration and management. Familiarity with endpoint security tools such as Sophos, Crowdstrike, Traps, DarkTrace, EDR etc…
- IDS / IPS Systems.
- Web App Firewalls (WAF)
- Actively responding to real world cyber-attacks, Red team / Blue Team.
- Assist Lead InfoSec Engineers in troubleshooting and resolution of critical issues.
- Participation in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate between a significant event, a false positive and a false negative.
- Ability to write scripts / code using Python, Perl, PowerShell, or equivalent languages.
- Knowledge of networking, packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewalls, etc…
- Understanding of the OSI model with ability to apply it to troubleshooting issues.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management and remediation work
- Experience with deploying and tuning Identity and Access management within an Active Directory environment
- Other technical expertise in Cisco networks and Microsoft Server operating systems preferred
- Maintain existing security tools including but not limited to Firewalls, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), vulnerability scanning tools, e-mail gateways / spam filters, File Integrity Monitors (FIM), Identity and Access Management, and anti-virus / malware.
- Evaluate new products and strategies and make recommendations for improvements where possible.
- Perform system log monitoring and reporting. Monitor system logs and alerts to provide first-level response in determining the severity of alerts and escalating them to management.
- Work as part of an Incident Response Team to respond to, assess and remediate security incidents when needed.
- Strong working knowledge networking protocols, MS Active Directory, firewalls, proxies, secure gateway administration, IDS/IPS, pen testing, data loss prevention, and modern security frameworks.
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations, changing priorities, and disruptive technologies. Participates in the processes for innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging latest industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information systems, Cybersecurity or directly related work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certificates: Security+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- CISSP Preferred
- CCNA Preferred