The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Kensington and Chelsea
22,360 per annum
Average potential earnings of over £25,300 per annum, 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Housing Care Worker
Housing Care Worker
We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilient Housing Support Worker to join our service in Kensington and Chelsea.
£22,360 per annum with average potential earnings of over £25,300 per annum*, working 40 hours per week. Benefits included 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
7.45am/8.00am to 3.45pm/4.00pm; 1.45/2.00pm to 9.45/10pm or mid shift 11 to 7pm
Want to feel valued? You’ll feel at home here. Making you feel at home here means helping you thrive in every way. That’s why we offer a wide range of benefits, award-winning Learning & Development and a culture that welcomes all. These aren’t token gestures – we’ve thought long and hard about how best to support our team. After all, our people are doing something amazing: helping to transform lives every day.
As a Housing Care Worker you will provide care to customers living within the homeless sector. The care worker will be based at Heaney Hub which support both male and female customers with complex needs. This includes health, mobility, alcohol dependency, mental health and substance misuse. Care worker role is to support a customer to maintain a Standard of Living/health needs, including domestic tasks.
All of the care needs should be done in a manner which encourages customers to work towards a maximum degree of independence.
This role requires a valid Right to Work for the UK as Look Ahead are not a sponsoring organisation.
What you’ll do:
- To help customers with mobility difficulties, or any other physical difficulties, including incontinence
- To help in the use of aids and other personal equipment
- Accompanying to appointment.
- Accompany to Shopping.
- To wash clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
- Assist and encourage the management of health-related conditions such as dietary and fluid intake
- Collection of prescriptions from the local pharmacy and returning unused medication
- General domestic tasks including changing beds, taking out rubbish and the general up keeping of customers rooms. This may include supporting customers to dispose of sharps safely in sharps boxes
- Respect the confidential nature of the work
- Ensure that different cultural needs are catered for sensitively
- Customers’ dignity, personal hygiene and comfort is maintained at all times
- To complete daily records of care provided to customers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties specified by management
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- The ability to handle emergency situations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- To provide feedback to the staff team
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Is persistent and encouraging with excellent persuasion skills when customers are reluctant to engage
What you’ll bring
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Ability to keep written records in clear English about the care and support given to each customer including help with medicines
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own
- Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Understanding of the support requirements of customers with complex needs
- Previous experience as a care worker NVQ level 2 or equivalent
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We are a proud member of the Employers Domestic Abuse Covenant and encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants of all backgrounds.