- Serves as a hotel customer service agent at a hospitality property with full responsibility for duties related and adjacent to the guest service cycle for front office operations.
- Serves as the hotel representative welcoming and interacting with guests, internal and external customers, and other visitors.
- Posts charges and payments on guest folios and responsible for the accountability and safekeeping of any assigned change fund.
- Responsible for executing all processes and policies associated with reservations, room assignments, efficient check in and out of guests, identification and entitlements verification, payment processing and guest room key provision and control.
- Performs duties normally associated with front office operations as desk clerk, telephone services, reservations, luggage storage, lost and found, accountability reports, parking assistance and security for the hotel operation.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, and favorable completion of a Tier 1 background investigation is required.
Possess demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities that indicate the capability to work independently, and perform the duties summarized above with minimal to no supervision. Must possess good customer service skills, a positive attitude, and desire to others in order to exercise tact and diplomacy when interacting with people, as demonstrated in work experience in the hospitality industry. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing using the English Language in a clear, concise, and grammatically correct manner.Must have mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide at the level necessary to prepare reports, count accurately, and provide accurate change. Ability to use office automated equipment in the performance of the required duties. Must be comfortable with and have experience using common office software with capabilities similar to Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Stuttgart, Germany (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Manual Applications :
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 15:00 hours (3:00 p.m.) on10/31/2023 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government’s interest.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid. Post Allowance may be authorized for RFT positions only.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view kit, click this URL: ). (If URL does not work, copy and paste the URL into browser).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Your questionnaire responses will be verified against the information submitted in your application . If multiple resumes are submitted, only the most recent will be reviewed (verified by time stamp).Referral lists are based on the qualifications stated in the job announcement. Your qualifications MUST be fully described in your resume. In describing your experience, be clear and specific. NO ASSUMPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
As a new or existing federal employee, you and your family may have access to a range of benefits. Your benefits depend on the type of position you have – whether you’re a permanent, part-time, temporary or an intermittent employee. You may be eligible for the following benefits, however, check with your agency to make sure you’re eligible under their policies.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- References (Names, address, telephone and email)
- PCS Orders
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action