- Upholds Kaiser Permanente’s Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assists patient with transfers, ambulation, exercises, and prescribed rehabilitation techniques.
- Helps patient with bathroom or bedpan use.
- Provides such incidental household or environmental services as are essential to the patient’s health care at home.
- This may include doing the patient’s personal laundry, keeping bedroom and kitchen in order and reasonably clean.(No general housecleaning)
- Prepares some meals or special diets and may prepare food for the patient’s consumption between visits.
- Enlists and coordinates assistance of friends or family members and encourages the patient to become increasingly self-reliant when possible.
- Reports to supervisory Registered Nurse all changes in the patient’s condition or family situation. Participates in team conferences.
- Maintain records related to job responsibilities.
- Other appropriate duties consistent with the individual’s experience which, in the opinion of the physician and the Home Health Team, would improve the quality of patient care and Aide satisfaction.
- These duties may include assistance with administration of medications ordinarily self administered that have been specifically ordered by the physician.
- Would be limited to those medications and patients specifically delegated by the registered nurse to the aide.
- The Home Health Aide will not apply any topical medications without a physician’s order and specific delegation by the RN to the aide.
- The Home Health Aide may carry out a digital rectal examination for the purpose of removing fecal impactions with an order from MD/RN.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization’s philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Home Health Aide in Home Health Agency or new grad from a State Certified Home Health Aide Training Program with a minimum of one (1) year CNA experience.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Home Health Aid Certification required.
- Must possess a current valid class 3 California driver’s license.
- Must attach a current CQA driver record information sheet, obtained within the last month. During the two year period immediately preceding the data of application, must have a driving record, which is free of incidents involving the applicant’s negligence.Also free of citations with forfeit for bail for driving while under the influence of drugs or reckless driving. Driving record must not reflect more than two moving violations during the same two-year period. License and driving record will be verified.
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY