ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MAKING A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OLDER TASMANIANS?
IF SO ANGLICARE WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU
Anglicare provides support to members of the Aged community in their homes. This helps people to live in their own homes for longer and stay connected with their community. We are looking to fill positions in Launceston and surrounding areas.
Our Community Home Care team are on the lookout for people who are motivated to work by the common values of:
Hope – Confidently reaching for fullness of life
Compassion – Showing empathy and care for those in need
Justice – Promoting the fair distribution of resources and opportunities
Respect – Recognising the inherent value and dignity of every person
Home Care Worker
Anglicare’s Home Care Workers work in the homes of clients to assist with promoting their wellness and independence. By providing this service it helps clients to continue to live in their own home.
The things that you may need to work with our clients on may include:
- personal care (showering, grooming and dressing)
- observing general health and well-being and report any changes or concerns
- assist with medication administration and prompting
- assist with purchases
- social support
- community access including transporting them to and from activities and appointments
Our staff are our greatest asset so we provide you with:
- a comprehensive induction program
- uniforms at no cost
- a company mobile phone
- Continual learning and development through paid professional training and regular staff meetings.
- protective clothing and equipment
Our core areas of service are between 7 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday, with some after hours or weekend work where required. You will visit on average up to 5 clients in their own home in one day.
A copy of the full Position Description can be found below.
To join our team you must have the following:
- Australian Residency status or valid Australian working rights
- A Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care or Disability)
- Experience in the Aged Care industry desired
- A current provisional or full Australian Driver Licence or the ability to obtain one, and your own reliable insured vehicle
- A current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People registration
- A Child Related Activity National Police Check no older than 12 months
- COVID-19 vaccinated with booster, or willingness to get
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
Applications close FRIDAY 14TH April 2023 at 6.00pm
If you are interested in joining our team, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ link below to commence your application. You will be required to submit an up to date resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Other vacancies that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
For more information about our process, check out: www.anglicare-tas.org.au/our-recruitment-guide/
About Anglicare Tasmania
Anglicare Tasmania is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for positions with Anglicare Tasmania must undergo screening processes before a successful appointment.
Anglicare Tasmania is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI), Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and LGBTIQ+ communities.
Anglicare Tasmania is committed to providing an inclusive and respectful work environment where all people are valued and have equal access to opportunities to reach their full potential.