Care Assistant (HOMECARE) – St Ninians Care – Blairgowrie (PH10)
- Full time / Part Time to suit your availability
- Flexible shift patterns are available
- We regularly Covid test all staff and regular visitors.
ABOUT THE SERVICE
Blairgowrie is a charming historic market town on the River Ericht in Perthshire. It has a good range of shops cafes and bars as a part of the booming town economy. Our Service is based at the edge of the town near the towns, cottage hospital.
We are a unique service in that we provide both Residential Care (in our Care Home) and extend this high-quality service out into the community via our Domiciliary Care Service.
We offer fantastic training and development opportunities, each of our care workers goes through an initial comprehensive training package, including manual handling, infection control, medication administration and safeguarding. After gaining experience there is then an option to do further training towards an SVQ award.
Both of our Services are graded very highly by the Care Inspectorate. (check it out for yourself!)
ABOUT THE ROLE
This job will involve you working across both our Care Home and Home Care services – depending on your own skill set and the needs of each service.
As a Care Assistant, you’ll help service users enjoy each day by making sure they get the quality care and support they deserve. Responsible for supporting our elderly service users with daily living, providing support and companionship, assisting with their physical and personal needs – where every day is different and rewarding! You will also be expected to carry out a range of tasks from cleaning to personal care to activities.
THE SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
You should be a compassionate and considerate person with a level head and a good work ethic.
If making people’s lives better is what gets you up in the morning, you should come and join our team. As a Care Assistant here, you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents with reliable, compassionate care.
Obviously, experience in care would be an advantage but if you are new to the sector, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your career with us and progress into a Senior Care Assistant role, should you wish to progress further.
What we want above all are genuinely kind, sympathetic people, who will really get a thrill from enhancing the happiness and wellbeing of our residents. Whether it’s going out of the way to make them feel comfortable and respected, or just taking an interest in how their grandchildren are doing, you’ll be the kind of person who loves to brighten up our residents’ days or nights.
If that sounds like you, we think you’ll love working at St Ninians Care.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER YOU?
You can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get the satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours/pro-rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction program
- Flexible work contracts that will fit around your life.
- Excellent ongoing training from day one and throughout your career
- Opportunity to achieve SVQ Level 2 or SVQL3 in Health and Social Care
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales with increments for shift types and qualification levels.
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Company pension scheme, once eligibility criteria met
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Paid travel mileage (where you use your own vehicle)
- Paid Travel time
HOW TO APPLY
Love your job every day! If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply via this website or call our office number on 01250 871136 for further info and help.
It is a requirement that all new employees either have a Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencing with us (or at least commit to getting one should the situation dictate it necessay in future), and that they continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.
WE ONLY DO FACE TO FACE JOB INTERVIEWS – IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATATED IN SCOTLAND (IDEALLY TAYSIDE) PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AS REALISTICALLY YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Salary: £11.00-£12.50 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- UK visa sponsorship
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Blairgowrie: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- care work: 1 year (preferred)
- UK driving Licence and able to drive a MANUAL car (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: On the road
Reference ID: BDM 79