The Hamilton International School (THIS) is one of Doha’s premier schools and opened in 2019, with the Secondary School opening in 2020. We offer a unique opportunity for a History with Social Studies teacher to join our team in August 2023. Our world-class facilities and International curriculum will attract the very best teachers, as we aim to provide amazing learning opportunities for our students.
The school offers an environment which is positive, caring, friendly and learner focused. We are building a team who are committed, enthusiastic and collaborative. We aspire to recruit Secondary Teachers and Leaders who not only support students but support each other. We want you to thoroughly enjoy coming to school and making a difference to the lives of others.
The Hamilton International School embraces the individuality of every learner. We place teaching and learning at the very core of what we do. We support student learning through a robust, child-focused curriculum and enriching extra-curricular programs, offering the very best in classrooms, sports, technology and performing arts facilities.
The Secondary School is currently open to students in Grades 6 to 10 and will open Grade 11 in August 2023 and Grade 12 in August 2024. We offer a high quality, bespoke, International Curriculum in Grades 6, 7 and 8. In Grades 9 and 10, our students begin the High School Diploma and we aim to offer two pathways in Grades 11 and 12: the High School Diploma and the IB Diploma.
About the role
The Social Studies Department incorporates the teaching of History and Geography, as well as other aspects such as Global Issues, Philosophy and Ethics. We are looking to appoint a History specialist, who:
- is an outstanding practitioner
- has experience of teaching History from Grades 6 to 12 (Years 7 – 13), including the High School Diploma, IB or A-Level
- has experience of teaching Humanities and Social Studies subjects at Grades 6-8 (Years 7-9)
- is passionate about teaching and learning with a commitment to continuous improvement
- will be committed to the vision of igniting passion, purpose and potential in our students
- can contribute to the development of the The Social Studies Department, offering creative opportunities to enrich the learning experience of students at THIS
- can adapt the curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement
- has excellent communication skills with students, colleagues, parents, and school leaders
- maintains high levels of behaviour among students, while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines
- is passionate about learning beyond the curriculum
What our school offers
When you join THIS, you also join ISP (International Schools Partnership), a group of 60+ schools located across the world. We offer you the opportunity to join our determined and energetic team as we embark on a unique educational journey to become the premium school of choice in Doha.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Housing Allowance
- Annual flights to your home country
- Private Medical Insurance
Child Safeguarding and Protection
THIS is fully committed to students’ safeguarding and protection. The selected applicants will be required to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within our school, as well as adhere to and ensure compliance with The Hamilton International School’s child protection policies and procedures.
Criminal Background Checks
All successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory Criminal Background Checks covering the 10 years prior to their start date with the school; this will cover all countries of residence during that period.
Thank you for considering The Hamilton International School as your next place of employment.
Please complete the TES online application form and upload your Curriculum Vitae along with your application cover letter (maximum 1 side of A4). You should also include the details of three professional referees, with at least one being your current employer.
The Hamilton International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and criminal record checks. A minimum of 3 years teaching experience is required, preferably with experience of the UK National Curriculum, the US Common Core, or International Baccalaureate. This role is not suitable for NQTs.
The Hamilton International School reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.