The High School Math teacher will teach a variety of math courses for grade levels 8-12. The teacher will be required to prepare differentiated instruction based on student learning needs.
Key Deliverables and Expectations:
• Strong classroom management skills.
• Ability to accommodate the needs of students with a range of learning styles and abilities.
• Strong knowledge of math programs and instructional methods.
• Ability to use strength-based, student centered approaches to plan engaging and educational lessons and courses.
• Ability to motivate students and to adjust instructional strategies accordingly.
• strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills including the ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
• Strong assessment practices.
• Ability to use technology to enhance student learning.
• Ability to embed local First Nations culture into teaching practice.
• Experienced and/or interested in integrating place-based, outdoor learning practices in educational delivery.
• Knowledge of the curriculum.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
Experience and Attributes:
• Must complete a Criminal Record Check
• TQS Category
See also: Companies in Canada offering sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY