Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
US 5700 – 9900 a month
Housing allowance paid to employee for self.
Annual flights allowance paid in cash [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave.
2 yearsNumber of Vacancies:
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- Education Required:Master
- Minimum Teaching Experience:5 years of teaching experience
- Required Certificates:Teaching Credential/License
- Advanced degree in Education Leadership or related field;
- Certification or licensure in school administration from the USA;
- Prior leadership experience in a high school;
- Prior teaching experience in high schools;
- Previous experience in an international setting, preferably with Arabic cultures;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, alumni, and community members;
- Ability to work with students of various academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Additional qualities highlighted by our community – good listener, fun, collaborative, respectful, responsible, creative, and with a strong personality.
- Excellent leadership prospects.
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale.
- End-of-service gratuity paid by law.
- Housing allowance paid to an employee for self.
- Joining and departing economy class flights to/from Dubai to the home of record for self.
- Annual flight allowance paid in cash [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave.
- UAE-medical insurance for self.
- 2,000 AED settling-in allowance.
- 2-year renewable contract with an option for renewal.
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self.
Required for 1st August 2023 start date.
The High School Principal provides leadership in all educational and community matters in grades 9-12. The principal ensures that all programs and practices are guided by and support the school’s vision, mission, and core values as well as the division’s priorities. Working in partnership with the Leadership Team, middle leaders, teachers, staff, parents, and students they establish an environment in which all students have access to exceptional and diverse academic courses and learning opportunities as well as care for their social-emotional needs. Achievement of School KPIs is a key component of leadership accountability. The High School Principal will spend at least 75% of their time should be focused on improving outcomes for students and should therefore be visible in all areas of the school particularly in classrooms as well as to parents at arrival and dispersal times.
The High School Principal is responsible to the Director for the development, implementation, and oversight of the curriculum, teaching, learning, assessment, and management of the High School program, which will include approximately 600 students.
The High School Principal will oversee all aspects of the division’s instructional program and promote a culture of excellence among faculty and students. The major responsibilities and duties include:
- Achievement of School KPIs.
- Lead school improvement efforts (DSIB and NEASC).
- Lead the instructional program
- Organizational leadership and professional development
- Employee management
- Student leadership
- School and community relations
- Overseeing the divisional budget and other administrative functions
- The High School Principal must also be willing to perform other duties as assigned, i.e. serve on committees, assist with accreditation, special projects, etc.