The Paediatric department is looking to recruit a Healthcare Assistant who will go on internal rotation between Neptune Children’s Ward and the Paediatric Assessment Unit (PAU).
Neptune Paediatric Unit has 16 beds catering for children aged 0-16 requiring medical, surgical and day-stay admission. There is a designated PAU consisting of 6 beds, isolation cubicle and treatment room.
Children are referred to the PAU for assessment and/or treatment of surgical, medical or orthopaedic conditions from varied sources, including GP’s, A&E, and Community Midwives. The Unit is in close proximity to the Paediatric Ward that is separately managed.
Neptune Paediatric Unit is fully supported by a large team of multi-disciplinary professionals including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Dieticians, qualified play staff/specialists, Paediatric Educators and Paediatric Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Please note that this role will include working shift patterns including weekends, nights and bank holidays.
As a Health Care Support Worker, you will be a hugely valuable support to our Nursing and Midwifery teams providing care to our patients. Every day will be different and you will work alongside the rest of the team carrying out a wide range of tasks and assisting with care to support the needs of the patients and their families.
- Examples of what you may do as part of your role• Washing and dressing patients
- Serving meals and feeding patients
- Helping patients to move around
- Making beds
- Talking to patients and their families
- Monitoring patient condition
- Skills and personal attributes needed• Caring and kind
- Cheerful and friendly
- Keen to support patients with their personal needs including washing and toileting
- Able to follow direct instructions
- Happy to work in a team but also able to use own initiative
- Have good listening and communication skills
- Be well organised
Full time and part time positions are available, and we are open to discuss flexible working arrangements. This opportunity is available for candidates who have the right to work in the UK. Applications from underrepresented groups including LGBT+, Ethnic Minority or disabled people are particularly welcome.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest trusts in the country, serving a population of 1.2 million people. Our newly formed Trust, comprising acute hospital sites at Broomfield in Chelmsford, Basildon and Southend, is determined to provide the best health services for its local population. We are a well-led, high-performing and innovative organisation working in the best interests of the people we serve.
With a workforce of approximately 15,000 staff, we can now do more and go further in delivering health services to our local communities.
Our ambition is to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients, and provide a vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
- Assist in the admission process by accurately recording patients demographic details
- To assist patients with personal hygiene as instructed.
- To assist patients with eating and drinking
Further details can be found on the job description and personal specification.