To provide nursing support to the Practice Nurse and General Practitioners to ensure the efficient and effective provision of the full range of nursing services to the patients of the practice with appropriate training.
- Assist with the preparation and cleaning of treatment rooms and treatment room equipment.
- To maintain adequate clinical stock levels and medical stationery.
- To undertake all duties in line with the training and instruction provided by the Practice Nurse and General Practitioners.
- Conduct weight and height measurements, test and record pulse, blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Test and record results of clinical urine specimens.
- Venepuncture and the taking and preparing of pathology samples.
- Domiciliary Visits if required for taking blood tests Bps etc;
- Carry out routine patient dressings in accordance with practice guidelines after adequate training.
- Perform ECGs on patients as requested by GPs.
- Carry out various Health Checks to include NHS Health Checks, Pre-Diabetes Checks, Learning Disability Health Checks etc.
- Assist with the regular monitoring of Diabetes patients, to include foot checks
- Offer lifestyle advice to patients when advisable such as diet, exercise and alcohol advice with a view to health promotion
- The collection of clinical waste ensuring appropriate storage prior to disposal.
- Ensure adequate infection control procedures in treatment and consulting rooms.
- The checking and recording of medical supplies on receipt and checking expiry dates.
- Checking and recording of equipment and fridge temperature checks in line with MMP policies
- Receiving telephone messages in the treatment room, recording and transmitting accordingly
- The inputting of information onto the Practice clinical system.
- Influenza & pneumococcal vaccinations and any other vaccinations appropriate to role – in line with protocol once trained.
- Administration of B12 injections as instructed by GPs.
- Advise patients on Smoking Cessation
- Chaperoning other Health Care professionals when required.
- Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures.
Job Type: Permanent
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 13/09/2023
Reference ID: 2347