We are The Forward Trust (formerly RAPt and Blue Sky), the social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
What you will be doing?:
In this role you will work within an integrated healthcare framework to deliver high standards of nursing care to patients admitted to the service according to their clinical needs, in line with relevant clinical protocols, policies and evidence based practice.
The post-holder will work in conjunction with the registered nurses to provide brief interventions, prescribed drug treatments, crisis interventions and all aspects of nursing care and be required to manage a case load of clients; providing them with appropriate harm reduction advice and guidance, developing recovery based care plans and delivering structured 1:1 and group work sessions.
You will be expected to manage your own time effectively and allocate and prioritise work appropriately to best achieve desired outcomes, but will have the support of the registered nurses and multidisciplinary team. It is important for the post holder to have an understanding of the safety and security needed when working within a custodial setting.
What we are looking for?:
- Experience of carrying out comprehensive assessments and the design and implementation of SMART care plans
- Knowledge of the issues facing client’s from substance misuse and its effect clinically, psychosocially and its impact on wider society.
- Ability to work firmly within the Recovery model and work within a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of the criminal justice sector
- A knowledge of the 12 step process of recovery from addiction (people in recovery should be abstinent for a minimum of three years)
- Previous experience working in a clinical environment
What we offer:
Alongside Simply Health coverage, and a contributory pension scheme to assist employees with their general health and well-being. We offer:
- Training opportunities and career development
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
Please note that all roles which come into contact with services users will require successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against Coronavirus with effect from 1st April 2022 (unless a medical exemption certificate is obtained from your GP) and this will form part of contractual offers.
See also: Caregiver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK