Please note this position is available only for FEMALE candidates. NQT are accepted.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated, UK qualified, Head of Secondary Art and Design Teacher to join our rapidly expanding school.
The Secondary section of the school opened in September 2021 (for Years 7 to 10) and so the department is still in its infancy. There will be two other teachers in the department who will teach Art, Design and some bespoke lessons of STEM. We are in the process of designing and building our curriculum so that it matches the skills requirements of the i/GCSE and AS Level qualifications and our aim and vision for the school. In the coming year we will launch our AS Level programmes and we hope that the talent that we are starting to see in pupils with regards to Art, Design, and Photography can be nurtured and enhanced.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Department to gain experience in one of the premier independent British Curriculum schools in the Middle East. This position is also a great opportunity for experienced middle leaders to advance operating within Qatar’s only single gender, STEM Education school.
Successful applicants must have:
- A certified UK teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, or PGCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Art and Design or an equivalent subject.
- Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience (at least 5 years) of teaching the British National Curriculum in Key Stages 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
- A willingness to lead teams and develop the Art and Design programme in upper KS2 classes (at present all members of the Art and Design team also teach Year 5 and Year 6 Art classes to develop the pupils skills early before they reach Year 7)
- Recent experience teaching i/GCSE and AS/A Level Art and Design (preferably with either Cambridge or Pearson International Examinations)
- A desire to help build a thriving department in a new girls’ school.
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of how to differentiate teaching materials so that all pupils have an opportunity to access the curriculum.
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school
- Experience leading a team of teachers
- Experience supporting and guiding ECT teachers
- Experience of teaching pupils with English as an Additional Language or English as a Second Language.
- Experience of integrating technology into secondary teaching.
- Experience of, or an understanding of how STEM education can be integrated into the secondary curriculum
- Recent UK experience and previous international teaching experience.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach a range of interesting and hardworking pupils.
- An excellent working environment in a brand new, state-of-the-art school
- The opportunity to get involved in an extensive enrichment programme.
- An attractive tax-free salary, with additional benefits.
- A good work / life balance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please complete the TES online application form (Quick Apply) and upload a covering letter of application (no more than two A4 sheets) addressed to the Headmistress, Mrs Jane Goldsack explaining why you wish to apply for the post and what skills and qualities you can bring. Please ensure you read the Candidate Brief in full.
Completed applications should be submitted no later than Thursday 30th March 2023.
Interviews will take place up to and immediately following Thursday 30th March2023 and we reserve the right to make an early appointment. Candidates are encouraged to apply early to secure their role.
Please note that we only accept applications via TES and do not accept CVs.
Successful applicants will be required to travel to Qatar in mid-August 2023 for induction training.