Please note this position is available only for FEMALE candidates.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated, UK qualified, Head of Science to join our Key Stage 3 Coordinator of Science and our Science Department. Applicants should have experience in teaching at least one of the sciences to full A Level.
The Secondary section of the school opened in September 2021 (for Years 7 to 10) and so the department is still in its infancy. There will be four other teachers teaching in the department and this year the first cohort of Year 11 pupil sit their i/GCSE qualifications. We are in the process of designing and building our curriculum so that it matches the skills requirements of the AS/A Level qualifications and our aim, mission and vision for the school.
This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to gain experience in one of the premier independent British Curriculum schools in the Middle East. This position is also a great opportunity for experienced teachers to work in a single gender school which focuses on STEM Education. The school should reach full capacity over the next two years with approximately 1,000 pupils on roll from Pre School to Year 13.
Successful applicants must have:
- A certified UK teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, or PGCE.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Science Subject. Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of teaching the British National Curriculum in Key Stages 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 (at least 5 years).
- Recent experience teaching i/GCSE and AS/A Level Sciences (preferably with either Cambridge or Pearson International Examinations) .
- A desire to help build a thriving department in a new girls’ school.
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of how to differentiate teaching materials so that all pupils have an opportunity to access the curriculum.
- A willingness to lead teams and develop the Science programme in upper KS2 classes (at present some members of the Science team also teach Year 5 and Year 6 Science classes to develop the pupils’ skills early before they reach Year 7)
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school.
- Experience leading a team of teachers
- Experience supporting and guiding ECT teachers
- Experience of teaching pupils with English as an Additional Language or English as a Second Language.
- Experience of integrating technology into secondary teaching.
- Recent UK experience and previous international teaching experience.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar you will:
- Promote our mission and values.
- Have the ability to generate amongst the pupils, an excitement about learning.
- Have a sense of humour and be a team player.
- Be resilient, flexible and open minded
- Be committed to helping us grow and develop a productive, effective, happy school.
- Be happy to take part in and contribute to an all-through school with pupils aged 3 to 18.
- Be emotionally intelligent.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach a range of interesting and hardworking pupils.
- An excellent working environment in a brand new, state-of-the-art school
- The opportunity to get involved in an extensive enrichment programme.
- An attractive tax-free salary, with additional benefits.
- A good work / life balance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please complete the TES online application form (Quick Apply) and upload a covering letter of application (no more than two A4 sheets) addressed to the Headmistress, Mrs Jane Goldsack explaining why you wish to apply for the post and what skills and qualities you can bring. Please ensure you read the Candidate Brief in full.
Completed applications should be submitted no later than Thursday 30th March 2023.
Interviews will take place up to and immediately following Thursday 30th March 2023 and we reserve the right to make an early appointment. Candidates are encouraged to apply early to secure their role.
Please note that we only accept applications via TES and do not accept CVs.
Successful applicants will be required to travel to Qatar in mid-August 2023 for induction training.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.