Are you a Handyperson looking for a meaningful role with a company who cares about their people and working together with a highly collaborative team? If the role below sounds interesting, and you believe you have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Purpose: Provide general maintenance support as part of a multi-disciplined team. This role covers both reactive and planned preventative maintenance.
- Routine planned maintenance tasks as directed by Site Manager / Supervisor, covering all buildings within the site and to include pest proofing works, painting, unskilled carpentry work, small plumbing works
- Operate MEWP as directed
- Operate Forklift as directed
- Install and dismantle pasma/stair towers (training to be provided)
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed satisfactorily and to the expected standard
- To be responsible for the care and proper use of building maintenance equipment and tools
- Ensure that spares and materials are used in a cost effective manner
- Support other team members
- To undertake all duties in a safe, tidy and responsible manner in accordance with H&S requirements
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by site management or the client
- Completion of quotes including labour plus parts and each task’s priority is met
- Ensure all works are correctly allocated and produced accurately for invoicing purposes
- To follow EMCOR’s code of conduct
- Manage your own workload and work efficiently
- Comply with the client’s company rules and maintain a high standard of discipline
- Provide high standard of workmanship at all times
- Attend all relevant training and safety briefs
- Adhere to company, client and regulatory safety rules
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Participate in safe culture practices and play active part in promoting good safety practices
- Semi-skilled would be an advantage
- Experience in building work would be an advantage
- General awareness of Health & Safety regulation
- Knowledge of permit to work system
- Knowledge of associated building maintenance equipment and tools would be an advantage
- Able to undertake training and development where required
- Undertaken relevant Health & Safety training
- Must be able to work under own initiative and keen to develop
- Valid full driving licence
- Willing to work towards IOSH Managing Safely
- Flexible approach to working hours – will be included on call out roster
- 20 days annual leave
- Cycle scheme
- Flexible Working policy where applicable and feasible
- Employee benefit discounts including childcare vouchers
- Personal Development opportunities; our appraisal process is designed to identify your training needs and the personal development goals needed to progress your career.
- Creating Balance; our steering group promotes Diversity and Inclusion throughout our business.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing; Mind is our EMCOR UK charity, and as such mental health and wellbeing is an important topic for us. To support this we have an Employee assistance programme available to you with free advice on dealing with personal problems such as; debt, legal issues, relationships, addictions and stress.
- Charitable Giving and Community; we offer two days off per annum for you to support your chosen charity.
- Recognising Excellence; our annual Employee Excellence Awards are designed to recognise and reward individuals or teams for their outstanding contribution and performance at work
Read more about Unskilled Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY