The following job posting and assessment questions were crafted by Kiinago Biinoogi Muskiiki (‘Our Children’s Medicine’ in English) in consultation with Indigenous Elders, Knowledge Keepers and other members of the community. Applications housed on this platform provide a unique opportunity for First Nations, Métis and Inuit job seekers to have the option of sharing their whole selves with potential employers, including their lived experience and transferable skills. For more information, visit ourchildrensmedicine.ca
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the Personal and Business Banking Team, you’ll build and grow a dedicated client portfolio through relationship management, financial services support, and exceptional client service. As a Financial Advisor, you’ll deliver on CIBC’s Imperial Service approach, acting as a single point of contact for your clients and helping them plan for today’s needs and tomorrow’s goals. You’ll make lasting connections and provide the right financial advice, helping clients secure their futures, own homes, and set up businesses. You’re flexible to work our banking centre hours which may include evenings and weekends. To help deliver a great client experience, you’re flexible to work at multiple banking centres within a reasonable travel distance. At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. To successfully perform the work, you’ll be on-site full-time.
How you’ll succeed
Client engagement – Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. Provide tailored advice and solutions in all areas of financial planning including day-to-day banking, investments, lending and estate planning. Cultivate your network to establish new client relationships.
- Business development – Deeply understand your local market and potential client base to create sales plans that will convert leads into new clients. Use your strong relationship building and networking skills to create connections, generate opportunities, and deliver bottom line results. Leverage CIBC’s wide range of credit and investment solutions to provide a needs-based approach that will result in satisfied, loyal clients and increased referrals.
- Community involvement – Heighten CIBC brand awareness in your community by attending local events and participating in marketing and outreach activities. Grow your network to create lasting connections that will generate future opportunities.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You’re passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You connect with others through respect and authenticity.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take initiative, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You’re goal oriented. You’re motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make a difference.
- You can demonstrate 1 – 3 years experience in providing financial advice to clients and establishing relationships while achieving performance targets.
- You’re a certified professional (MFDA). You have current accreditation and good standing in The Canadian Securities Course (CSC)/Canadian Investments Funds Course (CIFC) and must meet eligibility requirements for MFDA licensing.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, we are in business to help our clients, employees and shareholders achieve what is important to them. Our ability to create value for all CIBC stakeholders is driven by a business culture based on common values: Trust, Teamwork and Accountability. Working with CIBC makes you a part of a work environment committed to our clients, employees and communities – a place where you can excel.
See also: Companies in Canada offering sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY