£22,365 per annum, 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service.
Birribi provides residential care and education, meeting the therapeutic needs of children and young people with a variety of complex needs.
We were established to offer specialist care provision in a safe, structured, stable and warm environment for children in West Wales. We offer opportunities for young people to have positive experiences, meet achievable challenges and progress towards positive futures through solutions focused interventions.
As part of our offer, we have a small farm and woodland, which is home to a range of friendly animals, including a herd of angora goats, chickens, ducks, sheep, pigs, and several therapy ponies.
The great outdoors is embedded in all that we do at Birribi. We offer a bespoke, holistic educational and therapeutic package, promoting positive outcomes for young people with complex emotional and developmental needs.
As our care farm expands, we are looking for someone to grow with us, and support the day to day activities of a working farm.
The Farm hand will work with the Care Farm Lead to ensure that our care farm, and livestock are kept in immaculate condition and are well cared for. No one day is the same in a farm environment, and the post holder will be involved with a range of activities and tasks, broadly the tasks could include:
- Responsibility for the care and welfare of the animals on the farm. maintaining health and welfare of all livestock and horses. To include but not limited to providing animals with food and water, feet trimming, ear tagging, administration of medication, providing exercise and enrichment.
- Planting and maintenance programmes for the community garden, farm borders and beds and greenhouses.
- Basic tractor driving (we would provide required training).
- Assist with minor farm maintenance, painting etc
- As part of the Care Farm team support the upkeep and maintenance of the woodland areas and paths.
- Machinery currently would include the tractor and accompanying implements (topper, chain harrow, roller, salt spreader, pallet forks, bale spike and bucket).
- Have experience working with and caring for horses beneficial.
- To Implement all Health and Safety procedures and report Health and Safety concerns to the line manager and ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety Policy.
- To provide cover in the farm staff absence. i.e. sickness and holiday.
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position requested by the line manager.
- Undertake job related training as required.
We are looking for someone who has a genuine desire to achieve excellent animal husbandry and welfare, has a passion for animals along with an ability to work on their own and as part of a small close-knit team. Our ideal candidate will be experienced with working with a variety of farming tasks, and familiar with, and confident around livestock and horses.
Our ideal applicant would be able to demonstrate flexibility and ability to prioritise duties / tasks and an openness to change.
Experience of working within a farm environment, would be a significant advantage.
The post will include weekend working, and at times an ability to cover at short notice.
As a working farm, that operates throughout the year the post holder will be expected to work occasional bank holidays.
The post is full time, but we would consider a more flexible or part time role for the right candidate/s.
See also: Unskilled jobs with visa sponsorship in the UK