In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Working in the community setting and as a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Eating Disorder Nurse provides counseling to individuals living with eating disorders and weight preoccupation and their caregivers/families; facilitates support groups; and promotes community awareness
Education, Training And Experience
Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant or a practicing RPN registrant. One (1) year recent related experience. Knowledge of available eating disorder programs and services, their interrelationships, and their function in delivering care in the community; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills And Abilities
- Apply nursing process.
- Demonstrate clinical competence congruent with Chronic Disease Management, Primary Health Care Portfolio, Eating Disorder Program.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate sound organizational, problem solving and teaching skills
- Demonstrate sound judgment, good observation and client assessment skills
- Demonstrate tact and empathy
- Provide culturally sensitive care and services
- Work independently, demonstrating initiative, with limited supervision
- Work cooperatively as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Promote positive change and independence
- Prioritize and organize
- Physically and emotionally carry out the duties of the position-
- Operate a personal computer with a variety of windows based software
- Foster good public relations
- Operate related equipment
- Use personal vehicle