REMOTE MUST BE IN WEST COAST/PACIFIC TIME ZONE
Tillster, headquartered in the USA, is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. For over a decade we have developed revolutionary self-service, ordering and payments solutions – for mobile, tablet, online, kiosk, call center, and more – creating personalized interactions based on consumer preferences, language, and currency. Our platform is compatible with 15+ unique POS systems, representing over 90% coverage in multi-unit restaurants. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions.
Our mission and passion are one in the same: Empower restaurants and consumers to engage and transact anywhere, anytime, and from any device – one consumer at a time, one order at a time, billions of times over. In doing so, together we are transforming e-commerce in restaurants and make the till grow for Tillster and our customers.
About the Role
Tillster is seeking a Data Analyst to help transform data from our services and existing reports and Tableau dashboards into consumable data Explores and Dashboards in our platform. You will play a crucial role in enabling Data Democratization inside Tillster and with our customers – owning the implementation, improvement, and maintenance of our data products. This includes partnering and consulting with business teams to provide guidance and assistance in creating and streamlining Looker or equal style reports and underlying ETL pipelines.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and implement new capabilities and best practices to develop and improve self-service and automated data analysis processes
- Develop and update clear, high performing Explores and dashboards for business stakeholders such as Marketing, Product, Finance, Engineering, Account and Support/Operations
- Create new Explores to enable non-technical analysts to access data, build dashboards, and solve critical business challenges on Looker technology.
- Create new complex dimensions and measures for analysts to meet their business needs
- Help create and maintain coding standards (style guides, etc.) and perform code reviews for other BI developers or technical analysts
- Update production explores and dashboards to ensure consistent and accurate data as underlying data warehouse changes
- Promote and ensure the use of a common semantic layer, data definitions, and metric calculations across all business areas.
- Maintain Tillster Data infrastructure
- Write SQL, build derived tables, and work with data engineering to ensure queries are performant, maintainable, and consuming cloud computing resources most efficiently
- Ensure project: model: view structure is optimized to handle internal and external multi-tenant access and re-architect as needed for growing business use cases
- Optimize performance through re-architecting as needed
- Maintain existing data pipelines
- Develop LookML in Looker.
- Troubleshoot Jenkins orchestration jobs.
- Modify SQL and Python code for ELT process to load data into Redshift.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in similar role
- Excellent SQL skills
- 1 years of experience on AWS or Google cloud technologies (Redshift or BigQuery)
- Mid to Advanced skills in Python, Looker and LookML
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices (code style guides, PR reviews, GitHub branch/merge processes, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience in developing end to end business intelligence solutions, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques, and technology.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills (including ability to effectively use business tools such as Excel, Tableau, Looker) and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and of driving outcomes in a fast-paced matrix environment; history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life cycle
- Understanding of how to write readable code and documentation
- Working knowledge of agile development processes
- Development experience in Tableau, PowerBI, Business Objects, MicroStrategy or other BI tools.
- Previous experience building scalable BI platforms, including the use of code review processes, automated testing, staging and production environments, and release schedules is preferred
- Teaching/training/consulting experience
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and git
- Advanced degree in a quantitative area such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.), especially utilizing serverless technologies such as AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, etc.
The Interview Process
- Recruiter interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Interview with Data Analytics Team
- Final interview with our VP Data
Making a Difference in the Tillster Way
Our business and product mission is to empower restaurants and consumers globally, by empowering, supporting, and nurturing the people who are part of the global Tillster team. We want to ensure all employees feel respected, confident, and engaged. Creating an inclusive working environment is of the utmost importance to us. To make this a reality, Tillster is dedicated to embracing diversity in all forms and is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, family/parental status, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Pay and Benefits (USA)
- Expected base salary range $800,000 – $100,000. Total starting compensation will be determined based on all lawful criteria, Company policy and best practices.
- Equity: All employees within the U.S. are eligible to participate in the Stock Option Plan.
- Health Benefits: All full-time, regular employees and their dependents are eligible for medical, dental, vision and FSA benefits. Additional health benefits include Healthcare and Dependent Care reimbursement programs, Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) and Optum Care 24-hour confidential medical counseling services.
- Holidays: The company observes ten (10) paid holidays per calendar year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Full-time, regular employees earn 15 days of PTO in the first 12-months of continuous service, and 22 days in subsequent years. Eligible part-time employees earn pro-rated PTO.
- Retirement: Effective with your employment start date, you will be eligible to participate in the 401(k) Plan.
- Education, Learning & Development: We offer college tuition and education assistance programs; LinkedIn Learning courses; and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
No Visa Sponsorship
Principals only – no Agencies or calls please
Tillster is the global leader in digital ordering and customer engagement solutions. We offer one platform; one scalable, enterprise class solution – to create world-class digital engagement solutions. You will be part of a technology playground offering a fun, collaborative environment where ownership, problem solving, and teamwork are rewarded.
See also: Companies in the USA Offering Visa Sponsorship