(For U.S. roles, TechSoup only hires from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico,New York,Ohio,Oklahoma,Oregon,Pennsylvania,South Carolina, Tennessee,Texas,Utah,Virginia,Washington, Wisconsin)
We’re a fully remote, diverse team, working from all parts of the world. We invite you to join us in our mission to build a dynamic bridge that leverages technology to enable connections and innovative solutions for a more equitable planet.
TechSoup is a global nonprofit social enterprise that connects NGOs with mission-critical resources worldwide. For over 30 years, we’ve been building partnerships with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe. Together, we are committed to helping organizations grow via our unifying technology platform, resources, and connections. Those organizations, in turn, build a brighter future for tens of millions of people. We serve both the smallest and largestnonprofits around the world through sustainable, low-cost, self-service offers delivered at scale. To date, we have enabled more than 1.4 million organizations in over 230 countries and territories receive technology tools, resources, and funding with a retail value of more than $19.1 billion. We are constantly evolving.
As technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits have the resources they need to build a brighter future for their communities.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join our global team.
The Data Analyst serves as an analytics specialist in the business, focusing on the management of data from various sources and providing data-driven insights to relevant departments. In this position, the Data Analyst gains exposure to almost all departments of the business, inclusive of data managers (dbas), product management, product development, marketing, account management, and validation services among others. The Data Analyst aids by providing various departments with data analysis, reporting, and dashboard solutions that will enable the achievement of the company’s overall goals.
The role involves the definition of detailed requirements, the analysis of the company’s needs, and the validation of reporting solutions within the business. Special emphasis will be placed on the involvement in the growth and evolution of the validation services billing and constraints processes with monthly and quarterly requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and Strategy – The Data Analyst plays a strategic and junior managerial role where he/she acts as the day-to-day contact for insights and analytics to departmental managers across the business. In this position, the Data Analyst manages deliverable schedules, project timelines, and shares concerns about deliverables, timelines, and other issues with departmental heads and managers. The Data Analyst develops expertise in all business departments he/she supports and works with these departments to review and collect reporting requirements through workshops, interviews, document analysis, and a workflow analysis.
- The Data Analyst provides on-going analytical support through the utilization of data management and technology. The Data Analyst will work directly with members from other teams to help gather and analyze data that can be used by administrators of other applications such as Hubspot and Power BI. The Data Analyst will work directly with the other Analysts on the CTP Reporting Team to design reports that will give insight to the business so the executives can plan for business growth, stainability, and forecasting of trends.
- Collaboration – The role of the Data Analyst is a functionally collaborative one. The Data Analyst works with database administrators and data scientists in order to clean and filter data and review reports, dashboards, and KPIs for the purpose of enabling the location and correction of issues within the business. He/She also works collaboratively with the different departments, ensuring that there is a thorough understanding of the company’s data needs and priorities, as well as the ongoing strategic initiatives where data collection, analysis, and migration is required.
- In this capacity, the Data Analyst also works collaboratively with business analysts in an attempt to identify automating process opportunities and functions that will streamline current and future data management and reporting for the business. The Data Analyst specifically works with the Validation Services team to facilitate the complex and evolving monthly billing, constraints, and metrics processes. This requires clear communication strategies across teams with an understanding of where the data lies in multiple data sources. The Data Analyst will be able to deliver the requested results by specific deadlines to ensure the stakeholders can achieve their overall business objectives on time.
- Analytics – The Data Analyst as expected plays an extensive analytical role where he focuses on the analysis of business data in order to provide the company’s management, heads, and stakeholders with information that supports departmental as well as overall business objectives. The Data Analyst identifies, analyzes, and interprets patterns in complex data sets, drawing insights that will aid the business in developing a suitable course of action.
- The Data Analyst regularly audits system data in order to guarantee compliance, accuracy, and duplication management. He/She is additionally tasked with the designing of targeted reports and dashboards that will provide insight and enable sound business decision-making. In this capacity, the Data Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining the billing, constraints, and metrics processes on a monthly and quarterly cadence and presenting clear/understandable analytics insights to relevant departmental heads, management, and stakeholders.
- 4+ years of data mining and data analyst role or equivalent.
- Proven research and writing experience required.
- Proficient SQL Query Writing skills
- Proficient use of business intelligence tools and extensive computer software skills with programs such as Google Analytics, Netsuite, MS SQL Database, Business Objects, PostgreSQL, Postico and Microsoft suite. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Hands-on experience with report writing tools. Experience with Redash strongly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and cross-functionally.
- Strong attention to detail and can handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Occasionally able to provide on-call support during off-shift hours.
- Understanding of the nonprofit sector or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate a deep interest in research and data analysis, drawing actionable insights from raw data and information to help further the company’s cause.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Promote Trust: We listen to and learn from each other. We practice openness, collaboration, fairness, and sharing for the greater benefit of all.
- Show Courage: We step forward to create an open dialogue about complex issues and work together to forge ahead.
- Be Resourceful: We are problem solvers and constantly aim to find creative solutions to get the job done.
- Strive for an Equitable Planet: We are devoted to fostering respect, inclusion, and tolerance.
- Be Relevant: As global citizens in the changing landscape, we strive to better serve our communities, our colleagues and stakeholders, and the world at large.
- Inspire: We innovate and find new ways to create impact, to inspire, and to engage others.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
The hourly pay range for this remote position is $33.65 – $46.20. TechSoup determines salary/hourly pay ranges based on role, level, and location. The range reflects the minimum and maximum targets for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Individual pay is determined by location and other factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business needs, and market demands. TechSoup offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and other perks.
See also: Companies in the USA Offering Visa Sponsorship