Responsible for analyzing infrastructure data by collecting, monitoring and creating models for decision support of organizational initiatives. Partners with business units to help define and execute data analytic initiatives that create sustainable improvements in operational efficiencies. Solves complex problems and assists with the development of insights and recommendations for business operations. Utilizes quantitative methods to identify patterns as well as apply mathematical, statistical, and other data-driven analysis to address business challenges.
- Contribute to and influence the business’s data infrastructure, inclusive of reporting (ad hoc and dashboards), and leveraging multiple data sources.
- Proactively collect and analyze data to develop business KPIs for the purpose of identifying trends and evaluating the success of organizational initiatives.
- Mine data sources for critical insights and share observations and recommendations with senior management, executives, and stakeholders for further consideration.
- Work within and across business units to understand functional and data requirements.
- Ensure accuracy and security of all data by auditing and validating data and data systems.
- Effectively visualize data and comprehensively connect insights to the appropriate audience to inform and produce action.
- Complete special projects to improve process efficiency and performance as assigned by management.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 4 years of related working experience in data analytics, including experience in business intelligence, data wrangling, reporting, and/or data warehousing.
- Experience building visualizations and dashboards to help tell a story behind the data.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI, Oracle Business Intelligence, or similar tools.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Familiar with statistical methods (e.g. correlation, regressing, clustering, etc.).
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft software, especially Word and Excel. Demonstrates the ability to learn new software.
- Experience identifying process improvement opportunities and supporting data solutions.
- Successful project management experience.
- Prior financial services experience desired, credit union experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in in data science, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics or related discipline, or equivalent experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to interact effectively with SLFCU employees, and all levels of management.
- Demonstrates leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and present information in a concise and meaningful way.
- Able to create and deliver reports that are clear, convincing, informative, engaging, unambiguous, and uniquely tailored to different audiences (data storytelling).
- Possesses strong analytical and technical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Inquisitive.
- Able to work and make decisions independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills (set priorities and keep track of details). Able to handle multiple tasks with varying degrees of priority.
- Consistently meets deadlines and is reliable.
The working conditions of this position are representative of those an employee encounters in a normal office environment.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
See also: Companies in the USA Offering Visa Sponsorship