KIPP Metro Atlanta’s Support Team is seeking a Data Analyst to support the creation and maintenance of the regional data analysis, reporting, and use strategy. The Data Analyst will manage, analyze, and report on school-level and regional data from various sources (e.g., academic, operations, demographic, etc.) pertinent to the regional strategic plan. The Data Analyst will support implementation of organizational data strategies around driving decision-making and instructional practices through analyses and capacity building.
As a Data Analyst, your core responsibilities include:
Data Analysis, Application, and Action
- Design, implement, and monitor the use of real-time data reports and dashboards (e.g., Tableau reports) to support strategic decisions at the regional and school-level. Seek feedback from teammates and end users to improve the product. Provide training and coaching on using reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with the broader Data Team to define regional data analysis and reporting plan and deliverables
- Conduct descriptive and predictive analytical work on outputs from KIPP Metro Atlanta’s student information system, student assessments, teacher evaluations, and other organizational data platforms
- Translate data into relevant insights and implications and support stakeholders on interpreting findings. Tailor the complexity of analysis appropriately to audiences with various data literacy skills (e.g., regional team, principals, teachers, Board members, funders, etc.) Anticipate and empathize with stakeholder reactions
- Assist with mentoring school and organizational leaders on using data to improve instructional planning and drive student achievement
- Regularly monitor key metrics and report significant changes or trends
- Support implementation of a central access point for most relevant data reports and dashboards and ensure functionality of reports within the access solution
- Develop and maintain documentation of data analysis and synthesis methods and processes
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all regionally standardized data sources and systems, being constantly aware of new updates and incorporating changes into analytical approach and data visualizations
- Execute on external and internal data requests related to student or staff information and other relevant school-level or student-level data
- Build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders in order to encourage questions and surface opportunities to provide support
- Seek opportunities to increase stakeholder ability to use data. Help to plan for and lead the training of school and regional staff on using data systems and interpreting data reports
- Work with teammates to analyze current and future data needs of teams and departments
- Participate in planning a data strategy to meet needs of stakeholders across the organization
- Participate in a cross-functional data/analytics/compliance team that enables and expedites the gathering, processing, and acting on relevant evidence from all parts of the organization
- Manage stakeholder expectations around data availability for regional rollups and comparisons
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
Data Management and Support
- Collaborate with other Data Team members to develop and maintain data warehouse of all relevant data sources
- Develop an understanding of KIPP Metro Atlanta’s data model and systems integration processes to enable tool building and data quality investigations
- Maintain and troubleshoot the integrity of data linkages between data source systems and data warehouse
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in the education or non-profit fields
- Strong project management skills
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills, including experience working with large data sets to derive insights
- Knowledge of the education field, including familiarity with current student data systems (e.g., student information systems such as Infinite Campus and/or SchoolPlus, assessment platforms such as Illuminate Education and NWEA MAP, behavior platforms such as Kickboard and LiveSchool, etc.) and relevant data sets (e.g., demographics student achievement data, attendance/behavior, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word); advanced skills with Excel
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation tools (i.e., Tableau)
- Experience training and communicating data and analytics products to audiences of varying levels of expertise
- Experience programming in data analysis languages and/or software (e.g., SQL, R, Stata, SPSS).
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to build meaningful relationships
- Ability to convey information in a way that is strategic, honest, timeline, and respectful
- Team-player capable of working both collaboratively and independently
- Flexible and strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial start-up environment and working conditions; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Self-starter with demonstrated resourcefulness
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of KIPP Metro Atlanta
- Data Prep, Alteryx, Trifacta
- Knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
We offer a competitive salary that depends on prior experience, as well as a benefits package including
- Healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
- Life and Long-term Disability
- Additional Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Enrollment in the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (mandatory for all employees)
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
KIPP Metro Atlanta is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Metro Atlanta does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools is part of the growing network of KIPP Public Schools. KIPP Public Schools is a national network of free, open enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to supporting all students to reach their highest aspirations. There are 270 KIPP schools across the nation serving more than 120,000students. Nationally, KIPP students have a 4X higher graduation rate than that of their peers.
KIPP Metro Atlanta currently operates eleven KIPP schools including four primary schools, five middle schools, one K-8 school, and one high school, as well as the KIPP Forward program which supports students through college, career, and beyond.
See also: Companies in the USA Offering Visa Sponsorship