You’ve probably heard of Coates or seen our orange hire equipment on job sites around Australia. But we’re more than just scissor lifts and diggers. We’re an end-to-end solutions company operating across five key areas: Equipment Hire; Engineering Solutions; Industrial Solutions; Power & HVAC; and Training.
We’re proudly Australian-owned, with a long history of supporting customers to deliver major projects, and an exciting future focused on digital transformation, sustainability, and growth.
At Coates, we understand that we’re nothing without great people. So, you don’t just work for us, we work for you. We’re here to support and equip you with great training and development, flexible work options, and a positive team environment to help you build your career from the ground up or take it to the next level.
Your new role awaits
Our Customer Support Officers are responsible for contacting past and present Coates customers (no cold calling required). You’ll provide an exceptional customer experience by building rapport and managing customer concerns while selling, upselling and cross-selling Coates Hire equipment solutions.
The key objective of our outbound call centre is to increase our revenue spend, give love to our customers through marketing campaigns, and provide support to internal salespeople.
Working closely with the Team leader you will be trained in best practice methodologies to achieve your key responsibilities, which include the following:
- Source, qualify, and nurture new leads to build our pipeline
- Provide superior customer service with outstanding ability to build rapport and trust
- Follow campaign briefs and nurture the customer journey to achieve desired campaign results
- Achieve your personal campaign KPIs, and support team performance measures
What you’ll bring to the role
- Phone-based B2B, Outbound or Sales experience essential
- Experience working to targets/KPIs
- Be an enthusiastic and adaptable team player
- Ability to prioritise tasks and demonstrate resilience
Our ideal future team members have experience in Contact/Call Centre and/or Hire industry environments.
What you’ll get in return
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy a range of perks and benefits including:
- Salary that reflects your experience and skills
- Permanent Full-time position
- Comprehensive training program to equip you for success and drive your career forward
- Purchased extra leave program if you want some more time to do the things you love
- Discounted hire equipment so you can finally finish that home reno job
- Supportive and inclusive team culture that empowers you to do your best work
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional and confidential counselling and support
- Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation so you can connect to your community
At Coates, we know that people, organisations, and communities thrive when everyone feels valued and included. So, we’re proud to be implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and working to continually improve gender representation and the development of our future female leaders via our annual LEAP program.
Safety always comes first at Coates. Our safety-driven processes and policies aim to ensure all stakeholders go to work and return home safely to their families and communities.
And to deliver on our wider people and planet responsibilities, we’re committed to achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and supporting our national charities and local communities through the Coates Foundation.
Curious about what it’s like to work at Coates? To learn more, visit and read our employees’ stories on LinkedIn.
Ready to apply?
If you’d like to get on the path to success, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. We’re committed to continually increasing the diversity of our workforce, including leadership levels. We actively encourage all people to apply.
Coates. Equipped for you