- Branch/Department:Service Desk
- Location:Head Office – Sovereign Street (Leeds)
- Contract Type:Permanent
- Vacancy Working Pattern:Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Hours per week:35
What do we offer you?
We have a hybrid working model, where you can work 60% from home, with the rest of your time being flexibly based at our brand new, sustainable head office in Leeds city centre, just 5 minutes’ walk from the train station.
We offer a competitive rewards package including:
- A generous colleague bonus of up to 8%
- Matched pension contributions up to 6%
- 23 days holiday, plus holiday purchase scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Volunteering days
Our friendly, supportive culture will help you be the best you can be — now and in the future.
About the role
As a Customer Service Representative, you’ll create a positive experience on every call, assisting customers through their mortgage application journey and enhancing their home buying experience. Calls are predominantly inbound, and you’ll deal with brokers or solicitors who are acting on behalf of customers or directly with customers themselves. Taking ownership of the call, you’ll aim to resolve customer queries as efficiently and effectively as possible whilst recognising that on occasions you may need to liaise with other teams and arrange a call back to provide the right solution.
What will you bring to the role?
- The ability to communicate effectively and build positive relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be proactive and deliver exceptional customer experience
- Demonstrate a strong level of resilience when working in a fast -paced customer service environment
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Computer literate (able to comfortably use Word and basic Excel)
- Maintain attention to detail whilst working under pressure
- Demonstrate determination to succeed and achieve great results
Why choose Leeds Building Society?
Our business is centred around community, people and society. We’re embarking on an exciting period of growth and transformation and have ambitious plans, which are guided by our strong foundations and financial security. We love to give our colleagues the opportunity to thrive, encouraging them to take on challenges that meet the needs of our current and future members.
Our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do and we’re extremely proud of our three-star Best Companies accreditation in 2022. This is the highest rating and recognises our ‘world-class’ levels of engagement.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.