Please only apply to this position if you live in one of the following states: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota.
Want to join a growing, winning team for a company selected both locally and nationally as a Best Place to Work who dreams big, innovates, and has fun? Healthy smiles and healthy lives are at the heart of what we do, which is why we have been named the top 2022 Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America. If you have a strong record of putting customers first, sharing ideas, collaborating with others who enjoy a fast-paced, fun, and engaging environment, we want to learn more about you!
At Delta Dental of Kansas, we strive for excellence in everything we do while living well through a holistic culture of health and wellness. We earn customer trust and loyalty every single day. We put the user first – their needs drive our innovative solutions. We strive to be inclusive, curious, and collaborative and we care about and support our community.
How We Take Care of Our People:
- A diverse, fun, and engaging workplace that feels like a small and close-knit community that will make you feel at home while you are at work.
- “You” time: we offer paid vacation, sick time, personal time, holidays, floating holidays, your birthday off with pay, and paid volunteer time for you to give back to a non-profit of your choice.
- Top-notch health benefits: we offer best in class health, dental, vision, and supplemental plans.
- Competitive compensation package that includes annual bonus and merit increase for eligible employees.
- 401(k) plan with company match and additional contribution for those who are eligible.
- SuportLinc-24/7 365 Employee Assistance and Wellness program for you and everyone in your household.
- Career growth: Education/tuition assistance, corporate memberships, seminars, lunch and learns, etc.
- Named the top 2022 Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America: on-site workout room, employee lounge, mother’s room/self-care room. Gym membership benefits, Culture Committee that plans various fitness and healthy habits challenges, cooking demonstrations, mental health seminars, social engagement opportunities and more.
Delta Dental of Kansas Has Been Recognized Nationally and Locally As:
- The top 2022 Healthiest Employer by the Kansas City Business Journalin our company size category
- Named a Best Place to Work by the Wichita Business Journal
- Nationally selected as Best Places to Work in Insurance in 2021 and 2022
- Our Customer Service Center has been recognized as a Benchmark Portal Certified Center of Excellence
- Company of the Year for Insurance by the American Business Awards (2021 and 2022).
- Most Innovative Company of the Year by the American Business Awards
- National Voice of the Customer Award by Delta Dental Plans Association
- 2021 Innovation Award by the Wichita Business Journal
- Healthy Workplace Gold Award for excellence in employee engagement and community service
- AM Best “Excellent” rating among over 16,000 insurance companies for business management, innovation, operating performance, and risk management.
We want individuals passionate about providing outstanding service and ensuring healthy smiles to join our best-in-class Customer Service team! As a Customer Service Representative, you are the expert for our subscribers and dental offices across the United States.
Training hours are 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. After completion of training, the work hours will be Monday through Thursday 9AM to 6PM and Fridays 8AM to 5PM.
A Day in the Life of a Customer Service Representative:
- Answering a high volume of inbound phone calls, providing accurate information about dental insurance benefits and claims.
- Listening attentively and asking questions to further determine the needs, requests, or concerns of subscribers and dental offices.
- Thoroughly documenting calls to include contact information, nature of the call, and resolution provided.
- Utilizing multiple resources to research and resolve any issues related to the inquiry and providing a follow-up response.
- Assisting with claims processing, including entry of claims, approving substantiated claims, denying claims for lack of improper documentation, processing suspension of debit cards, requesting information from customers, activating debit cards, sending out refund requests, quarterly statements, and other communication as needed.
- Answering calls or written inquiries regarding pre-tax spending accounts, such as health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA) and other employee benefits (vision, COBRA, etc.).
- Exhibiting a positive, professional demeanor and tact throughout all calls.
- Consistently adhering to all customer service performance metrics, such as call documentation, quality and accuracy of information provided, etc.
- High school diploma, some college preferred.
- Two years of experience in a high-volume customer service setting.
- Previous experience in healthcare/dental field, benefits claims, or consumer driven health plans is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, structured call center setting.
- Ability to utilize various technology platforms for effective communication, problem solving, and relaying information to constituents.
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information policies and procedures and HIPAA regulations, completing work in compliance of these and other standards.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and virtual communication applications such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies as they are implemented in the workplace.
- Must reside in one of the following states: Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Nebraska, Iowa, or South Dakota.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Delta Dental of Kansas is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental of Kansas complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Do you live in: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Iowa, or South Dakota?
Work Location: Remote