This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives on providing great service by ensuring our customers have all the information and support they need at all times.
As the face of Northern we expect you to give our customers a warm welcome, discuss their travelling requirements and proactively sell tickets and associated products to meet customer needs.
You will also give practical advice on journey times, delays, tickets, fares and reservations, offering alternative options in times of disruption
To fulfil this role effectively you will need a genuine commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
You’ll also be:
- Competent with IT and other technological systems.
- Confident and articulate in communication.
- Conscientious and hard working.
- Approachable and friendly.
Our trains and stations operate 7 days a week across a whole range of different hours –early morning and right into the night. So if your lifestyle enables you to work flexible shifts on an average of 35 hours per week this could work for you.
You’ll also need to share our values, too. They reflect what’s important to the way we work, which means we look for the same in everyone who joins us…
Make the difference – We never settle for okay. We pursue perfection, seek out better ways and always look to improve
Make it happen – We get the job done. Our expertise and knowledge mean we see things through.
Benefits and Rewards:
Because we value our people and reward hard work, we’ve created a benefits package that we think you’ll love. So, you’ll be able to make the most of:
- Opportunities to progress and grow – including comprehensive training schemes and a range of online learning courses.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a bike, while also spreading your payments throughout the year.
- Recognition Programmes – from our Loyalty Awards events to our Proud to be Northern Awards, we make sure our people know they’re appreciated.
- Free Travel on Northern services – everyone who works at Northern, plus their partners/spouses and dependents, can travel for free right across our full network of services. *Certain eligibility criteria will apply.
- 75% discount with other Train Operating Companies – after 2 years with us, you’ll also get discounted travel on many other rail services in the UK and Europe.
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme – you’ll rarely find a pension as good as a Northern pension, and we top up your pension with a generous 1.5 times your contribution.
- A generous holiday entitlement – our incredibly generous holiday entitlements can help you feel like you can get away too.
- Maternity and Paternity Benefits – we go above and beyond the standard, and mums can enjoy 9 months’ maternity leave on full pay while dads can make the most of 2 weeks’ paternity leave on full pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme – advice, support and useful information 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on everything from family issues to lifestyle matters.
- Exclusive benefits with Northern Perks – enjoy retail discounts, instant vouchers, cashback, wellbeing support and much more.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and a promoter of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We also have Disability Confident status, which means we’re committed to making the most of the talents that disabled people can bring to the workplace.
Ready to help our customers go do their thing? You can get started by telling us more about what your thing is.
All you need to do is complete our online application form – and we’ll be in touch to let you know what happens next.