Do you want to support people with mental health issues in a moment of crisis? Are you calm, non-judgemental and able to work effectively with people experiencing distress?
Can you demonstrate our values of Hope, Courage, Together and Responsive and want to be part of our mission to create opportunities for individuals to make choices, find their own solutions, build resilience and manage their whole life and wellbeing?
If the answer to all of these is yes, we want to hear from you.
Crisis Outreach Worker – Daylight
Responsible to: Senior Crisis Outreach Worker – Daylight
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
Rate of pay: £22,500 – £25,000 per annum
Based: Hemel Hempstead Crisis House, Dacorum Wellbeing Centre
About the Service
Our Mental Health Crisis Service (Nightlight and Daylight) are proud to provide urgent support, crisis intervention and emotional support to people experiencing a mental health crisis in Hertfordshire as an alternative to statutory pathways.
We provide support to adults across Hertfordshire 7 days a week, 365 days a year through our helpline, crisis centres, crisis cafes and a weekend Crisis House. We aim to provide a safe space for people in crisis to talk and feel supported, be listened to without judgement, access relevant support with problem solving and facilitate access to external services when necessary.
About the Role
Could you enhance the offer of mental health support from the Voluntary and Community Sector to individuals presenting in crisis?
By working closely with the wider NightLight Service, statutory mental health teams, wider Hertfordshire Mind Network staff and partner agencies, the Daylight Workers will work under the management structure of NightLight Crisis House Service, providing short term support, crisis resolution, advice and information and where necessary signposting / onward referral.
The objectives of Hertfordshire Mind Network’s (HMN) Nightlight Mental Health Crisis Service are:
- To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire.
- To increase early access to help for people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire, by providing a clear and effective pathway to services provided by HMN and other third sector and statutory providers.
- To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
- To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
- To provide an alternative pathway to people in distress and crisis to support better outcomes and reduce the demand on statutory crisis services, emergency services and A&E departments
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year pro rata, rising in increments to a max. of 29 days after 5 years employment (plus 8 days Bank Holidays)
- An additional day of leave each year for your birthday following completion of probation period.
- Ongoing training relevant to your role.
- An Employee Assistance Programme.
- Health cover (after 6 months employment) – compensation payment for Optical, Dental, Chiropody and Therapy Treatments.
We will close this advert when we receive sufficient applications.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis from 2nd October 2023.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
We welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief, or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.
Hertfordshire Mind Network is committed to the Disability Confident and Mindful Employer charters. We actively recruit staff who have a lived experience of mental ill health. We recognise and value the unique combination of skills, knowledge and perspective that employing people with a lived experience, at all levels across the organisation, brings.
We are delighted to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
No agencies please.
- Contact: HR Department
- Reference: Totaljobs/164300_MD
- Job ID: 101174404