Certified Nursing Assistants / Resident Assistant ‘s will assist older people who are functionally, physically, and or socially impaired and need 24-hour oversight. The Resident Care Partner/Resident Assistant’s role is to assist residents with those activities of daily living that they are unable to perform without help, fostering at all times residents’ independence and freedom of choice
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs):
Provides assistance with:
- Telephone (assists with calls, hearing and vision adaptive devices)
- Light housekeeping tasks such as , emptying trash, cleaning bathroom, bed making, and bed changes
- Assist residents with personal laundry
- Mail delivery, residents’ personal correspondence.
- Escorts residents to medical appointments as assigned.
- Arranges appointments and escorts residents to hairdresser as requested.
Graduate of an approved Nursing Assistant Training Program.
Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease preferred
First Aid and CPR certification. Must complete all orientation designated by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs to be eligible to work on unit.
Must be able to think, act and intervene independently in both routine and emergency situations. Must be self motivated and function as an “in charge person.” Must be able to relate to residents and staff in courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.