The Clinical Assistant is a key front line health provider who utilizes their education and training to work both independently and in support of a team of physicians in the coordination and delivery of primary care programs and services. We are looking for a dynamic team member with a passion for health promotion and experience with chronic disease management. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) temporary 12-18 month maternity leave position based out of the Peace River Medical Clinic. This position may become permanent for the right candidate.
What will you do?
- Direct patient care, including but not limited to:
- Patient care coordination and follow-up.
- Patient education and counseling.
- Patient care monitoring (surveillance).
- Program delivery.
- General physician assistance.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records.
- Assist in developing and implementing patient self-management programs.
- Ensure continuity of service/care by liaising and collaborating with other providers and referring patients to appropriate programs, services and agencies.
- Participates in program development and quality improvement activities.
- Maintain professional requirements and active participation in professional development.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills in clinical practice.
- Offer training support to other team members and assist in their professional development.
- Act as a resource to other PCN staff
What do I need to succeed?
- R. N. or L.P.N. with a current license.
- Clear Criminal record check.
- Motivated to expand existing skills and training.
- Strong organizational and team skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous use of an electronic medical record system considered an asset.
- Fluency in English language (written and verbal).
- Please email your resume and cover letter and professional references to email@example.com
- Please put the Reference ID in the Subject Line of the email.
- All candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
The North Zone and Borealis Primary Care Network is an equal opportunity employer. The North Zone and Borealis Primary Care Network welcomes applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29.40-$34.95 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peace River, AB T8S 0B6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Alberta Nursing License (RN or LPN designation) (required)
Work Location: One location
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY