*You must have at least 3 references on your resume or on an additional, uploaded document.*Pay will be set based on experience and education and/or certification:
Target Level: $17.76
Intermediate Level: $16.23
Entry Level: $ 15.31CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ALL LEVELS):
The incumbent will serve as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) in one or more child and youth programs and will be accountable for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth. Provides care/supervision, oversight and accountability for program participants. Assists in preparing age appropriate activities; supervises children and youth during indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events; arranges and serves snacks/meals. Executes work in accordance with policies and regulations. May be required to transport children in government vehicles.CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
Coordinates and conducts activities for children and/or youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements program options for children and youth with special requirements. Demonstrates, instructs, leads and facilitates planned and spontaneous program activities. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
Assists in planning, coordinating and conducting activities for program participants. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements daily schedules and activity plans to ensure age/stage appropriateness. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
Performs simple routine tasks following step-by-step instructions. Assists in providing planned activities using prepared curriculum and program materials. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Generates a list of needed supplies and equipment. Attends to the physical needs of the children, as applicable. If interested in this position please preview the online application:
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with Air Force and DoD policy, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
- This position has physical lifting requirement which requires the incumbent to complete a favorable pre-employment physical.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to obtain, maintain, and provide evidence of current immunizations this includes annual influenza vaccinations and be free of all communicable diseases.
- This position requires the incumbent to complete assigned training, to include Food Handlers certification, within specified time from date hire or assignment to position.
- This position requires occasional shift work to provide coverage on evenings or weekends for special situations including Give Parents a Break.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant’s eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date , 11/13/2023
- Business Based Action
- Family Member Preference
- Military Spouse Preference
- Outside Applicant Veteran
- Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran
- Transition Hiring Preference
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and legal US residents in Germany. Recruitment limited only to the local commuting area of Spangdahlem. Legal US residents must possess a social security number and be citizens of a NATO country, other than the host country (Germany) . In accordance with the NATO Status of Forces Agreement with Germany, citizens of the host country and non-NATO countries are not eligible for US NAF Employment. These individuals may be eligible for employment under the Local National (LN) program; you may contact the LN Team at 06565-61-6080 or DSN 452-6080 for more information on eligibility requirements. Must be able to provide documentation proving residence status overseas.In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.Qualifying Experience: ALL LEVELS
Must be a high school graduate, or equivalent; and be able to provide proof (i.e., diploma or equivalent) for verificationANDCY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-02 level working in a group program for children or youth AND Completion of applicable training modules;OR30 semester hours above the high school level which included at least 15 semester hours in early childhood education, youth development, or related fields.CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
Six months experience equivalent to the CY-01 level working in a group program for children or youth AND Completion of 3 AF modules (or equivalent) AND AF Orientation Training Program;OR15 semester hours above the high school level in early childhood education, youth development, or related field.CY PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
This is an entry level position; no previous experience required.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does allow for education substitution in order to qualify.FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Child Development Program will provide 100% childcare fee discount for all CYP direct care staff for the first child enrolled in a full-time or regular part-time DAF CDP. A 25% discount will apply for any additional children of direct care staff. Direct staff must spend a minimum of 75% of their work schedule in the classroom. Please contact local NAF HR Office for additional information.
- Information on COVID-19 vaccination requirements may be found at: .
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position. This includes providing any supporting documents needed for verification.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at time of hire.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to read, speak, and write English.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government’s interest.
- Multiple positions will be filled from this job opportunity announcement. Additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- LQA is not authorized.
- Post Allowance is authorized for Regular Full Time employment category. This position does not qualify for Post Allowance.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- Announcement may be closed before stated closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
- Qualified applicants will be reviewed and referred to Hiring Manager weekly.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position’s qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
As a new or existing federal employee, you and your family may have access to a range of benefits. Your benefits depend on the type of position you have – whether you’re a permanent, part-time, temporary or an intermittent employee. You may be eligible for the following benefits, however, check with your agency to make sure you’re eligible under their policies.
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference – MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement. If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- Other (1)
- Other (2)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.