Western Heights Montessori Academy has seven campuses across Oakville and Mississauga and is now looking for a Casa Montessori Teacher to join our new Clarkson location.
Competitive salary, wage enhancement grant plus performance based bonus, RRSP match and comprehensive health benefits offered to the selected candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement Montessori curriculum to children aged between 2.5-5 years;
- Responsible for planning and implementing activities that encourage children’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development;
- Maintain open communication with co-workers and parents;
- Maintain up to date student records, proficient in daily report and report card writing;
- Observe and record relevant information on each child’s progress as required/as per School practices;
- Participate in outdoor activities with children for at least 2 hours per day;
- Ensure the program compliance with all Ministry and program’s standards. i.e. CCEYA, CCMA;
- Provide supervision and training of students and supply teachers;
- Attend all mandatory training required by the school;
- Participate in all school events including open houses, parent meetings, etc. required by the school;
- Maintain classroom and all teaching materials in good condition, responsible for toy/material disinfection and other assigned cleaning duties;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Montessori Casa diploma preferred
- ECE with Montessori experience is a strong asset
- Over three years of experience working with children
- Standard First Aid CPR C+
- Criminal background check and immunization up to date
- Passion working with children
See also: Companies in Canada offering sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY