Job Title: Carpenter, Woodworker, Joiner, Maintenance Operative
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Hours of work: Ordinarily 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. Occasional out of hours and weekend work also required.
Location: Central and Greater London
Vehicle & Tools provided.
The main purpose of this job:
The Carpenter/ Maintenance Operative’s role is to work both as part of a team of Maintenance operatives and independently to carry out a wide range of (largely) carpentry related tasks (skilled and unskilled) which relate to the smooth running of a fast-paced market-leading property protection company.
The Carpenter/Maintenance Operative will be required to carry out Fire Risk Assessment repair or installation works as required from the reports we receive from our assessor, such as overhauling Fire doors to meet BS476 to installing a new one if needed. The Carpenter will mainly work as part of a cohesive team on new start-up projects and existing upgrades of our portfolio of properties.
The Maintenance Operative will work as a part of a team to quickly turn a variety of often unusual properties (domestic and non-domestic) into safe and desirable temporary accommodation for young professionals. These properties are located across Central and Greater London.
The Maintenance Operative will carry out work as directed by management to ensure that property regulations and standards are met per local authority and rules and the law.
The Maintenance Operative will ensure that reactive maintenance work is carried out efficiently and timely to fix daily problems that arise (as a result of wear and tear).
- Work with Management on construction projects.
- Ensure all required works meet assigned deadlines.
- Match materials to requested design specifications.
- Measures building materials and spaces for installation accurately.
- Order building materials as needed.
- Assemble sturdy and well-constructed floorboards, skirting boards, window frames, doors, door linings, staircases, fitted furniture, cabinetry, shelving, and more.
- Incorporate fixtures like door handles and locks, cabinet handles, stairway railing, and other fixtures into design and implementation.
- Participate in first fixing as well as second fixing work.
- Combine carpentry work with joining work.
- Repair and refurbish existing building work.
- Replace damaged wood in hardwood floors and outdoor decks.
- Build studwork and drylining for partition walls.
- Use power tools and other tools to cut and shape wood, metal, and other materials.
- Working independently to carry out remedial work to fix maintenance issues raised by the people that live in Live-in Guardian properties as directed by the Maintenance Co-ordinator/the Maintenance Managers.
- Working independently or as part of a team to carry out work to properties to ensure that they are safe to live in as directed by the Maintenance Coordinator/Maintenance Managers.
- Carrying out all work to a safe and suitable standard and finish.
- Carrying out all work following appropriate health and safety standards.
- Work as part of a team to problem solve unique situations and recurring problems.
- Clear rubbish and ensure that properties and the site they are on are tidy and presentable when requested to do so by the Maintenance Coordinator/Managers.
- Respond to out hours call-outs and work when on a rota to do so.
- Carpentry qualification (essential)
- Knowledge of Fire Safety Regulations (essential)
- General maintenance experience (essential) (ideally 3 years)
- Results orientated team player (essential)
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload and time (essential)
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure (essential)
- Full clean driving licence (essential)
- Willing and able to work some weekends and evenings (essential)
- Excellent people skills/empathetic communicator (essential)
- Fluent in English (essential)
- Own tools (desirable)
- Knowledge of suppliers in London (desirable)
- Good knowledge of Central and Greater London (desirable)
- CIS registered (desirable)
Read more about Unskilled Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY