CAREGiver – Work local within your community
Your mission: Have an impact on seniors and their ability to stay safely in their own home
Salary Range: $28.88/hr – $32.10/hr
Can you be a CAREGiver?
No matter what your previous experience has been, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our supportive team as a CAREGiver.
- If you are looking to kick-start a rewarding career the role could suit retirees, teachers, nurses, carers, disability workers, mum’s with school children, nanny’s or those wishing to return to the workforce
- The role would suit you if you are studying nursing or one of the allied health vocations and looking to gain some experience to enhance your skills and experience.
Current opportunities exist for 20 CAREGivers in Fitzroy, Fairfield, Northcote, Ivanhoe, Kew, Camberwell, Bulleen and surrounding areas.
About this role:
We provide compassionate home care through building trust and taking the lead to support individuals to live as independently as possible at home connected to their community.
- Individualised care that is tailored to suit the personal needs of every client.
- Deliver quality care to our clients including assistance with showering, dressing, grooming, toileting and mobility to our clients in a home environment
- Provide general home support and light house keeping duties, assistance with meal preparation, companionship, medication reminders
- Provide incidental transport to appointments, shopping and social outings.
- Actively promote choice, control and quality of life for our clients.
Skills & Experience:
- Successful candidates will be flexible with their approach to working hours, possess excellent communication skills and have a commitment to providing the best possible care to aged clients and their families.
- Have a big heart, patience, and a desire to help improve the lives of our elderly clients and their families.
- Be personable, compassionate, approachable and able to build relationships with each of your clients.
- Be proficient in use of and have a mobile smart phone.
- Be reliable, responsive, efficient, confident and proactive.
- Value and enjoy the company of older people.
- You must live within 10 kms of our office in Kew East
- Have access to a reliable car; comprehensive car insurance and at a minimum, be on green P plates.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or Have Rights to Work in Australia
- Be vaccinated or planning to be vaccinated against Covid 19
Benefits of working with us:
- Work locally and get paid higher than award rates.
- Work for an admired employer of choice in a welcoming and supportive working environment that recognises and appreciates the value of the work that you do.
- A flexible work schedule that enables you to work hours to suit you either during the day, evening, overnight or at weekends.
- Comprehensive in-house training program for personal development including obtaining Cert III in Individual Support – Home & Community Care while you work and get paid.
- Start a rewarding career where you can make a positive difference in the lives of seniors and their families.
About Home Instead Melbourne Inner East
Established in 2013, our Home Instead Melbourne Inner Eastern Suburbs office is the trusted choice for in-home care and companionship services in Melbourne’s Kew & Inner Eastern Suburbs. We are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of local seniors and their families and we take pride in every aspect of their care to ensure they have access to the best quality care services and support they need to continue living, safely, independently and happily in the comfort of their own home. To us, it’s personal and we need special CAREGivers to help us personally provide the best quality in-home care and support for our clients.
How to apply:
If you are passionate towards helping people pursue the dignity of independence and you share a spirit that is caring, authentic, ability to take the lead and share your heart please contact Jabe Barlow, People Manager on (03) 9913 7710 for further information or to express your interest. Further information can be found at our website:
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Salary: $28.88 – $32.10 per hour
- Referral program
- Afternoon shift
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Penalty rates
Work Location: In person