Bethanie, Western Australia’s leading not for profit aged care and retirement living provider, has been warmly welcoming and caring for seniors for over 65 years. We strive to lead the change in the way Australians think about ageing, recognising ‘old age’ as a positive force in society and giving a voice to those who have seen it all and live to tell the tale.
We are currently seeking passionate Care Workers to join the team at Bethanie Elanora Aged Care Home in Bunbury (168km South of Perth). Bethanie Elanora in Bunbury is an 81 bed facility located close to the beach, offering comfortable and happy living as well as some of the best aged care facilities in the area. We also offer secure dementia care on site.
As a Care Worker, you will work closely with our residents to improve their quality of life by assisting with day to day activities, ensuring their safety and well-being is prioritised. You will work within a multidisciplinary team, and as such you will be skilled in building positive professional relationships with both residents and team members.
We have Night and Day shifts available, we offer casual, permanet part time and permanent full time employment.
About the Role:
- Assess care plans, and ensure clients’ needs are met
- Ensure services (including food, laundry, personal care, domestic and interest) are delivered in a timely and safe manner
- Ensure all personal care tasks (including toileting & showering) are delivered with dignity and respect
- Ensure clients rooms and facility environment is maintained to an appropriate standard
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) or equivalent
- Previous experience working in an aged care or hospital environment would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as a team as well as independently
- A willingness to uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of The Bethanie Group
- Current police clearance, or willingness to apply for one
Working with Bethanie
At Bethanie we are committed to being an employer of choice by creating a supportive and compassionate environment for our people, customers and residents.
As well as being part of a stimulating and nurturing work environment, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Salary Packaging up to $15,899 per annum. Salary Packaging allows you to pay for your expenses with money from your salary before tax is taken out. Pay less tax, and your take home pay increases
- Banking, insurance and retail discounts and benefits
- Rewarding career with a supportive culture
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Please click on the Apply Link to upload your resume before the closing date of 14th April 2023. We reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement prior to the closing date. If you require any further information, please contact our Careers team on 131 151.