- Tynedale House Tynedale House is a residential home rated Outstanding by CQC and provides excellent support and care to people with learning disabilities in both residential and respite settings. We require an enthusiastic, caring individual to join our existing team as a care worker. This is a permanent position for 35 hours per week. This post is based on a shift pattern, working 7hrs shifts. These are a mixture of early 7.30-3p.m and late 2.30-10p.m (1/2 hour break). Enhancements are payable on this rota for weekend and bank holiday hours worked. The job includes supporting people with a learning disability, following care plans and risk assessments working with other professionals involved in their care. The successful candidate would be expected to administer medication, full training will be given. You must be able to work individually or as part of a team to enable and promote independence for people who use the service. You will maintain a safe, hygienic and supportive environment in accordance with culture, standards and objectives of the service. It is desirable, although not necessary that you have experience of care work with the relevant client group. You will have a good general education demonstrating good literacy and numeracy. You should also have the following:
- Ability to form appropriate relationships quickly.
- Focuses upon service users’ needs.
- Ability to work to and follow individual service users plans and risk assessments.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to understand and follow written or spoken instructions.
- Reliable and keeps good time
- Understands the need to respect confidentiality, privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment of service users. This position is Band 4 salary (£21,159 – £22,753). Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”. Why choose us? We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 25 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 30 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme for majority of roles – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- Car leasing scheme Please note that the closing date for this position is midnight on 20th March 2023. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email hrrecruitmentnorthumberland.gov.uk or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an iCLICnterview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
See also: Caregiver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in the UK
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY