Crossroads Caring For Carers is a small business in Perth. We are supportive, professional and autonomous, and our goal is to To take pride in delivering quality respite care to unpaid carers in the Perth and Kinross area who need some time to themselves while knowing that their relative is in safe hands. This is reflected in the recent Grade 6 that we were awarded for Quality of Care and Support by the Inspectorate. We also provide personal care under SDS and Direct Payment options.
Our work environment includes:
- On-the-job training
- Flexible working hours
Crossroads Perth & Kinross is looking for upbeat, confident people who have a genuine interest in making a difference to people’s lives. This is a rewarding flexible role.
Crossroads is a forward thinking and progressive organisation, who delivers high-quality support and care services throughout the Perth and Kinross area. Our main objective is to provide respite care to the community by providing that essential relief to the usual caregiver, to enable them to live a full and independent life. Our service users include older people, children, people with physical disabilities and people in their final stages of life, and people with additional support needs.
We are also committed to ensuring that our staff have the necessary skills, qualifications and support and that they feel part of a supportive and friendly organisation.
We are looking for committed, upbeat and confident people who have the desire to want to support people in the community and help them have the best life possible.
Existing Care work experience is desirable but not essential; as we will train you.
- £12.05 an hour if SVQ Level 2 in Social Services & Healthcare held.£11.75 an hour if no SVQ Level 2 in Social Services & Healthcare held.
- Funding available to help complete SVQ Level 2 in Social Services & Healthcare
- Business Mileage Paid
- Uniforms Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Paid annual leave
- Referral Scheme
- Opportunity to join our Blue Card Scheme offering discounts from large national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
Skills & Requirements
- Driving licence and the use of a car with business insurance for work purposes is required.
- You must have a flexible approach to your work, as we work shifts: day, evenings and weekends.
- An SVQ Level 2 in Social Services & Healthcare is desirable but not essential. Where you do not currently hold a Level 2 certificate, you must be committed to undertaking this qualification.
- This post is subject to a PVG Disclosure check.
Responsibilities & Duties
- You will provide support for personal care and participation in a range of activities.
- You will develop an open and sensitive communication with the supported client, family/friends and other professionals, providing relevant communication support, where appropriate.
- Work in a professional manner, meeting National Care Standards; setting appropriate boundaries and treating work as confidential.
- Flexible to work various shift patterns.
If this sounds like you and you possess the energy and drive to be part of a successful charitable organisation like Crossroads, then we are keen to hear from you – please apply today.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time (Hours Available 16 – 30 hours per week)
Salary: From £11.75 per hour
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
COVID-19 considerations: All PPE necessary is provided with the job.