Care Assistant/ Young Adult Support Worker
Harrogate – HG2 0BN
Full-time/Part-time hours available.
Competitive pay up to £14.00/ hour dependant on experience and subject to completion of training. The top rate of pay is available those able to lead the shift and work 12 hours
COVID vaccination essential (minimum of two)
Female only role
Core Shift patterns include –
Monday – 6.30am – 8.30am
Friday – 4pm – 8pm
Weekends 7.30am – 7.30pm (Alternating Pattern if required)
Full-time available during non-term time, or full-time positions available across other packages. Please contact Yorhealth for more details.
At Yorhealth we provide nurse-led care for children and young adults with complex care needs 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
About the Role:
We are looking to recruit a senior support worker to support a young female adult with learning disabilities within her own home.
This role includes supporting a young lady with a variety of complex needs including but not limited to:
- Spastic quadriplegic
- Cerebral palsy
- Conditions with requirement of peg feeding
- Variety of learning difficulties
- Oral Suctioning
- Medication administration
“How Best to Support Me”
I like to be supported to be as independent as possible and I like to make my own choices. Comfort is key to making my day great and helping me to feel relaxed. I love music and listening to stories and like to spend my weekends outdoors visiting places in my local area as well as shopping.
If you are chatty, bubbly and want to make a real difference to this young lady’s life then this will be the perfect job for you.
You need to be able to work full days at the weekend – shift times to be discussed at interview. You will be working alongside another care assistant.
- We are looking for an honest, reliable, hardworking, and trustworthy individual who is punctual, professional and has attention to detail.
- You should be a warm and friendly individual who has a passion for young people’s wellbeing and has a caring and patient nature.
- We would love to hear from you if you have previously worked as a Care Assistant, Care Giver, Homecare Worker or Community Support Worker.
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Blue Light Card discounts
- Stakeholder pension
- Sodexo employee benefits
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Free DBS checks
- Employee of the month awards
- Growing family business with friendly staff
What our staff have to say:
“I have been working for Yorhealth for two and a half years, I’ve got great support from my manager, they have helped me personally when I’ve really needed it.” – current staff.
“Working in Harrogate with our lovely client is a great job, she loves our walks and especially if its windy, the sound of the trees is something she particularly likes. She is always laughing and smiling and that makes working with her a real delight.”- current staff.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £14.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harrogate: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location