Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust Bromham, England, United Kingdom On-site 14 hours ago 2 applicants
- Full-time · Entry level
- 5,001-10,000 employees · Hospitals and Health Care
About the job
- To work independently and accountably as part of a team of clinicians offering 24 hr mental health access and information in the locality of the Trust. The service will be 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for 365 days a year working shifts in an in-patient setting.
- To act as a role model to other colleagues within the team.
- Work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team.
- To deliver high quality, effective operational service to people with mental health needs, in accordance with the principles and objective of the Trust and its vision as identified in the service. The job requires the post holder to work flexibly and undertake a change in role at short notice.
- To work collaboratively with others within the organisation to provide an exemplary level of care to service users and their carers.
Main duties of the job
- Establish therapeutic relationships with individual clients, relatives and carers are maintained by the nursing team. Contribute towards the formulation of care.
- Ensure effective and confidential communication at all times maintaining strict confidentiality with regard to any information concerning patients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the needs of carers of patients with mental health problems.
- Be aware of the Mental Health Act 1983 and be aware of clients detained under section of the Mental Health Act 1983 in the clinical area.
- Observe any changes in a patient’s physical condition or mental state and document and report in an appropriate manner.
- Act in a relaxed manner, thereby contributing to the creation and maintenance of a calm and relaxed atmosphere/environment.
- Establish positive professional and appropriate relationships with patients adopting a non-judgemental approach. Always be prepared to listen and treat each patient with respect and courtesy; valuing them as individuals.
- Carry out planning and organisation of the therapeutic and social activities for patients in the clinical area.
- To participate in managerial and clinical supervision.
- Participate in therapeutic and social activities/groups.
- As requested take on security and environmental responsibilities.
- Completion of audits including but not limited to weekly physical health observations, weekly cleaning audits, resuscitation bag checks
- To participate in the role of the security nurse.
Working for our organisationEPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employmentJoin our Staff bankWhat is Staff Bank?Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.!ImportantProfessional ReferencesMake sure that as a part of your application you have professional references with business contract information covering your last three year employment history. We are unable to accept personal or character references.As a newly appointed employee you are responsible for incurring the cost of your initial DBS check relevant to your post, the amount will be deducted from your first salary with the Trust.Applications for Job Share are positively welcomed.Equal Opportunities EmployerOur Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We particularly welcome applications from people with experience of using mental health services. We also hold the Disability two tick symbol and have made the pledge to commit to employing more people with learning disabilities, we encourage people with a disability to apply. If you require this application form in another format i.e. Braille or audio tape etc, please contact the Recruitment Department on 01375 364513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for this to be dispatched to you.The Trust has the right to expire vacancies prior to the closing date if they so wish. The Trust makes every attempt to contact all applicants and we strongly advise that you check the email account which is registered with NHS Jobs regularly, we would advise however due to the high number of applications we receive that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to robust safer recruitment processes.Covid VaccinationAlthough Covid vaccinations are no longer a mandatory requirement within the NHS we continue to encourage and support the vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against Covid19. The safety of our staff and patients is a top priority for us at EPUT.If you would like to book a Covid vaccination or would like more information please contact us by emailing email@example.com .