GP Wealth Management – Collingwood Branch is building a collaborative team of individuals who are driven by our team and our client’s values, our client’s priorities and a vision they have for a fulfilling life.
We are independent and committed to a customer-centric approach: do what is right with integrity, clarity and transparency. EVERY TIME.
We pride ourselves on being honest, trustworthy and empathetic towards everyone we work with – our team, our clients and our community. We communicate respectfully with every interaction, ensuring we are inclusive.
To fit well in our team, you will need to care deeply about the well-being of our clients, understanding that the work you do has a significant impact on their lives over time. You need to be an individual who is self-motivated, goal oriented, has an entrepreneurial spirit, agile and proactive mindset, organized, strong inter-personal communication skills and is effective at multi-tasking and team collaboration.
You must be versatile and capable of performing a variety of tasks to get the job done in a steady-paced environment where attention to detail is of the upmost importance.
You must have a sound understanding of the investment industry trends, market, investment, and insurance solutions.
More specifically, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and building strong client-focused relationships with existing clients as well as new clients and prospects;
• Analyzing & identifying the needs of clients and developing recommendations supported by financial planning tools to assist clients in achieving their financial goals;
• Utilizing our contact relationship management system for task management, client communication and documentation;
• Prepare account opening documentation, client review materials, correspondence, and reports, ensuring documentation accuracy, compliance with corporate procedures, and timeliness of all processing;
• Complete daily requests related to client accounts;
• Investigate and resolve inquiries related to accounts and escalate to appropriate team member, as appropriate;
• Ensuring policies & procedures are followed according to established guidelines and carry out responsibilities in an ethical manner;
• For the creative applicant – the opportunity to participate in creating client newsletters, promotional activity/material and work with the external marketing team and creative agency to produce promotional & advertising material;
• Collaborate with the team to organize logistics for seminars, events, social media promotion activities, and special projects.
Ideal candidate qualifications:
• Have completed the Canadian Investment Funds Course and your accreditation is in good standing for MFDA licensing requirements;
• Have completed the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) and your accreditation is in good standing for contracting with our Managing General Agency and Insurance Companies;
• 2 years investment and insurance industry experience;
• Financial Planning designation ie: Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Professional Financial Advisor (PFA) designations (or working towards these designations) an asset;
• Strong computer skills: ability and comfort with learning and utilizing several different computer programs i.e., Microsoft Office, digital signature programs, CRM, retirement and insurance planning program, etc.;
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail & accuracy;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Collaborative interpersonal skills, independent with a strong sense of initiative;
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, results driven, thrives within a steady-paced environment;
• You reside within a reasonable commute of Collingwood or are currently relocating.
If it is determined that there is a good fit and you decide to join us, you can expect:
• To serve and develop relationships with our existing clients while building on this client base;
• Shareholder opportunities;
• A hybrid of branch office and home office, with flexible work hours;
• A competitive base salary of $60,000, with the potential for additional commission &/or bonus;
• Full time position;
• Health and Dental Benefits after 90-day probationary period;
• Negotiable vacation time based on experience;
• Relaxed atmosphere with a collaborative team.
If you see yourself in this job description – working with us and loving what you do – please submit your resume along with your thoughts on how you would be a fit with our team.
Sandra Stewart, email@example.com, 705-716-6001
About GP Wealth Management Corporation
At GP Wealth Management, we put people first. That’s an easy claim to make, but we strive to live up to it each and every day. And it’s why – more than a quarter century after opening our doors – we continue to grow and prosper. A member of the GP Group of Companies, GP Wealth Management is a Canadian independent wealth management firm, with 18 offices across Ontario. We’re proud to be family owned and led by a committed team of experienced independent financial advisors.
Investments provided through GP Wealth Management and Insurance provided through GP Capital Insurance Agency.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important value to us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
COVID-19 considerations: Our office follows government recommendations regarding wearing masks, hand and surface sanitation. Meetings are held in person and virtually.
See also: Companies in Canada offering sponsorship
CLICK ON THE LINK TO APPLY