Express your interest in joining our Northern NSW Aboriginal Home Health family in a rewarding Career Caring for our Mob and delivering an essential service for our Elders in our communities.
Working for Australian Unity Aboriginal Home Health, you’ll enjoy ongoing training and benefits, and be part of a family committed to making a positive impact to the community.
Our Care force have opportunities for all types of levels from entry level to skilled care.
Entry Level: Domestic Care Assistant
Perform domestic assistance such as cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, customer transportation, social support
Skilled Care: Personal Care Assistant
Perform personal duties including showering, feeding and toileting as well as domestic assistance duties
Lead by a strong Indigenous leadership team, putting our people first is not just something we say, it’s what we do. We care for our people so they can care for themselves and others always staying true to our values (Bold, Warm & Honest). We work hard because essential care matters and we work together – collaborating, encouraging, and even managing to have some fun. Our Mob, Our Way.
We value our employees and the wonderful work they do. Our employees enjoy an enviable range of benefits, including the following:
- Competitive hourly rates of $24.36 to $35.42 + super
- Travel Allowance of $0.92 per KM PLUS paid travel time
- Become Cert III qualified in Individual Support (Aged Care) through our Traineeships program – all fees paid (for eligible employees)
- Part time or Casual contracts available
- Flex-Up – work additional overtime hours as available and boost your income
- Enjoy additional yearly Well-Being and Community leave days
- Enjoy an additional yearly Deep Listening paid leave day
- 14 week paid parental leave, with equal benefit for both parents PLUS our Bump to Baby program
- Smartphone – ready when you join us with your fortnightly rosters, customer care plans and other information to assist you
- Employee Referral Program – refer your friends and family members to join us and receive $500.00 per successful referral (Terms & Conditions apply)
- Healing Minds Program – confidential phone based coaching program for Indigenous people by Indigenous people.
- No work experience required – you will be supported by our fully paid and customised Induction program
- Attractive employee discounts on Australian Unity Banking products, Private Health and General Insurance
- Maxxia Rewards – a great range of discounts and benefits at selected retail outlets, department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas, restaurants and more
We believe everyone should be given opportunities; to be safe, to be encouraged, to be challenged and to grow. We want you to be the best you can be – to have a go, make it happen and turn opportunities into reality. Together we embrace opportunities to make real life changes to the community and encourage your professional progression.
Please note: This is an expression of interest and whilst we have ongoing recruitment needs, we may not have an opportunity available in your area immediately. We invite you to apply and you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team as soon as an opportunity becomes available.
*Australian Unity requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click https://www.australianunity.com.au/about-us/reconciliation-action-plan
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Part-time hours: 15-35 per week
Salary: $24.36 – $29.52 per hour
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Maternity leave
- Paid volunteer leave
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Salary packaging
- Day shift
- Flexible hours
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- What is your best availability? If available Monday to Friday, Please type “full availability”
- As per company policy, you must have received 2 doses of COVID19 vaccination. Please advise if you have or have not received 2 doses
- Australian Driver Licence (Required)
- Australia (Required)