If you’ve ever wondered how the PTDF scholarship works and how to win it, don’t skip this article. Importantly, ensure you read to the end and follow all our guides on how to win PTDF scholarship.
We have put this post together after series of interviews with recipients of the PTDF scholarship. Though people’s experiences are different, some lessons appear to be similar in their stories and this guide covers those important steps. Use this article as a guide, and also watch the interview with one of our sources as he discusses how to win PTDF scholarship.
More so, if you need assistance writing or reviewing your statement of purpose, contact us and an expert will be assigned to assist you.
What is PTDF Scholarship
PTDF Scholarship is a scholarship scheme by the Federal Government of Nigeria aimed at developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. It is a yearly scholarship that is available for Nigerians for both Masters and PhD students, fully funded study opportunities either in Nigeria or abroad.
How Does PTDF Scholarship Assessment Work?
Here’s how the PTDF Scholarship assessment works for both MSc and PhD applicants;
MSc PTDF Scholarship Proposal Assessment Template
- How did you develop your research interest and why is it important? Maximum 7 marks
- Why have you decided to do a master’s degree? Maximum 8 marks
- What do you plan to gain from your current research goals and your career goals? Maximum 8 marks
- What do you hope to do immediately after you complete your master’s degree? Maximum 7 marks
- How have your previous academic research and professional experiences prepared you for a master’s degree? Maximum 7 marks
- What exceptional achievements have you made? Maximum 8 marks
- In the course of your career/academic experiences what contributions and/or impact have made?
- Comportment, Maximum 5 marks
- Application to the oil and gas Industry, Maximum 5 marks
- Knowledge of subject matter Maximum 10 mark
- Reputable Journal: at least a paper: each paper is 5 marks
- First Degree: First Class = 10 marks. Second Class Upper = 8 marks. Second Class lower = 5 marks
- At most 4 awards: each award is 2.5 marks MAXIMUM 10 marks
PhD PTDF Scholarship Proposal Assessment Template
- Appropriateness of Proposal Title. Maximum of 3 Marks
- Background of Study. Maximum of 3 Marks
- Statement of Problem. Maximum of 3 Marks
- Significance of the study to the oil and gas sector. Maximum of 3 Marks
- Aim(s) and Objectives of the study. Maximum of 3 Marks
- The extent of existing knowledge used and currency. Maximum of 4 Marks
- Relevance of literature to the research. Maximum of 4 Marks
- Acknowledgement of sources. Maximum of 4 Marks
How to Win PTDF Scholarship
Though people have different experiences applying for PTDF scholarships, we have curated some of the best tips to support you in your application. If you’re looking for how to win PTDF scholarship or you’ve ever asked the question “how can I win PTDF scholarship”, then you should take these tips seriously.
We would break them into pre-application, application, and interview tips.
How to win PTDF Scholarship: Before Application
- Be Eligible: First things first, ensure that you’re eligible to apply for the funding, because at the end of the day if you’re not eligible and you do everything right in the application process, you’ll still not get anywhere with your application. Read this for more information on the eligibility for PTDF scholarship.
- Prepare Your Document: Get all the documents you’ll need to complete your application process beforehand. Don’t wait till when the portal is open before you start putting them together, get them ready on time. Here are the documents required for your application;
–Passport photograph. JPEG or PNG of not more than 200kb
–Valid email address
–A/O level results
–First degree (for MSc) and Second degree (for PhD)
3. Research: You’re applying for the same funding as millions of other Nigerians, ensure you do your research to know what the current demand in the petroleum industry is and how you can position your personal statement or statement of purpose to suit the current industry needs. Your research should also cover your thesis interest and how it will benefit the oil and gas industry in Nigeria.
4. Write Publications: If you still have time on your side, work on 1 or 2 publications, a lot of recipients have confirmed that publications improve your chances of winning the PTDF scholarship. If you don’t have any publications, you can learn how to write and publish a journal with ease here.
5. Compile Your Documents: Personal documents, academic documents, awards, publications etc, compile them and wait for when the portal will be open for application.
How to win PTDF Scholarship: Application Process
- Submit your best O’level result: Your O’level result is important and has marks allotted to it, hence, ensure that you put your best foot forward by submitting your result with the best grades.
- Include research publications: Include your research publications both in your statement of purpose and as the document attached during your application. You can also go ahead to print and go along with them during your interview.
- Add professional, academic or volunteer awards before applying: These documents are important because they have marks too and every mark matters, so, if you have them, make them available and apply with them.
- Submit a convincing statement of purpose: A statement of purpose is a letter that helps you express your interest, and motivation for a course. Through your statement of purpose, the reader wants to see, what you wish to achieve with the scholarship, how the scholarship will benefit you and your country. Also, state the things you’ve done in the past to prepare you for this scholarship. Why are you a suitable candidate for this scholarship? This is also where you answer that question. If you need assistance reviewing your written statement of purpose, you can contact us today.
- Complete your application
How to win PTDF Scholarship: Before Application: Interview Process
The interview process is very important and it can either make or mar all your efforts from the on-set. You have to prepare for this like you would a job interview. You can learn how to smash every interview using the star techniques discussed here. Some takeaways for your PTDF scholarship interview:
- Treat the interview process as a serious involvement
- Prepare for it the best way you can and ensure to invite friends to do a mock interview for you.
- Go with all the requested documents for your interview.
- Arrive on time
- Avoid nervousness during your interview
Frequently Asked Question
Overseas Countries that PTDF Supports
PTDF sponsors qualified candidates to pursue MSc or PhD programmes in selected universities in
1. United Kingdom
5. United State of America
Is PTDF Scholarship Fully Funded and How Much is it?
PTDF is a fully-funded scholarship; however, because of the unique nature of the scholarship since it works with different countries and universities, there’s no benchmark amount for the scholarship.
NOTE: The government covers your tuition, flight fees, health insurance as well as provide allowances to cater for your living expenses. The amount of money given for your living expense also varies based on country and city of school. But, most importantly, the government will take care of you through your study period.
PTDF Help Desk
Phone and WhatsApp
You can reach us through other mediums, weekdays (Monday – Friday) from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
WhatsApp (Chat Only)
+234 809 250 0008
+234 809 250 0006
+234 809 250 0007
- MBA Personal Statement Example for Canada University
- PTDF Scholarship Personal Statement Sample Accepted
- Approved SOP Sample for Germany Study Visa
- Best Letter of Recommendation Writing Services Online
- Best Nigeria’s Top Personal Statement Writers │Graduate Studies
- Creating an Effective Career Plan + Free Template
- Successful MSc Health Sciences Personal Statement Sample
- MA in English Statement of Purpose Sample: Accepted