Oftentimes, we ask ourselves questions regarding a CV and a Resume. We ask questions like “Is a CV any different from a Resume?”, “Is any better than the other?”, “when and how do you use them?”, “Can a CV be sent instead of a Resume?”, and other questions alike. However, these questions will be answered in this context.
In European countries, a CV is used to describe all job application documents whereas, in American countries, the word CV and Resume is used interchangeably. Furthermore, these two terms mean differently.
A CV is an abbreviation for the Latin word Curriculum Vitae which means “Course of life. As the name implies, a CV is a document that gives a detailed description of your journey in life. It covers all your personal information and achievements and needs to be updated whenever there is a new accomplishment.
A Resume is a French word that translates to “summary”. It is a brief document used in applying for a specific position/job. In a Resume, only aspects of your experience and skills relevant to the applied position/job should be mentioned. Resumes should be kept as short as possible.
Difference between a CV and a Resume
While these terms may be used as synonyms in some countries there are differences between them and they are stated below
A resume is a brief and precise document that shouldn’t exceed a 2-page limit while a CV is a detailed document that has no page limit
CVs emphasize academic accomplishments and it is used when seeking positions in academia, grants, or fellowship whereas a resume highlights your professional skills, experience, and achievements. It is used to apply for positions in a company or a regular job.
Type of Information included
A CV highlights your whole journey in life while a resume only highlights information that is relevant to your applied position.
Importance of a Well-Written CV or Resume
A well-written CV or Resume
- Represents you as the most qualified candidate for the job
- Depicts you are a professional
- Shows your career growth.
- Keeps you organized and prepared for interviews.
- Highlights your value.
- Outlines your skills and experience nicely.
- Gives a nice first impression to potential employers.
Can a CV be sent instead of a Resume?
In European countries, a CV can be sent instead of a Resume because they are the same thing. Whereas, in American countries, there is a huge difference between a CV and a Resume which is explained in this context.
If you are unsure of which to use, contact the employer or manager in charge of the hiring process for clarification.
Where can you get the Best CV and Resume Writers?
Looking for where to get the best CV and Resume writers? If so, contact Fasthire today. We’ll look at your profile and compose the best CV or Resume for your use. We have professionals who are skilled and would be ready to assist you right away. You can either use our regular service or express service.
What we Offer
At Fasthire services we,
- Provide professional touch
- Highlight your skills and values to showcase your strengths and achieve
- Use keywords related to the position you’re applying for
- Boost your confidence.
- Save you time and stress.
- Produce an error-free document
- Grasp the attention of the interviewer while they are reading your application.
- Positive reviews from our customers.
What to Include in your CV
- Full name
- Contact information
- Personal profile
- Research Interests
- Teaching experience
- Work experience
- Conferences and courses
- Certificates, awards, and honors
- Non-academic activities
What to Include in your Resume
- Full name.
- Title of the position you are applying for.
- Contact information.
- Resume objective
- Work experience
- Relevant skills.
- Languages and proficiency
- Relevant certification and interests.
Your CV and Resume allow you to capture information on paper that will certainly bring added value to any corporate environment, and you have a limited time to capture and keep the attention of your reader. At Fasthire, our experts work on your CV/Resume and Cover Letters so that you stand out from the very first second your Hiring Manager takes a look at it.
- How to write a CV for Work Abroad
- Job Strategies to Land a Job in Finland
- Manufacturing Production Supervisor Sample CV
- Best CV Writers for Fresh Graduates Without Work Experience
- 10 Best Academic CV Writers for Abroad Study
- Affordable Resume writing Services in the USA
- Best LinkedIn Profile and Resume Writing Services in Canada