Chicago is a city located on the south-western shores of Lake Michigan in Illinois. It is known as one of the largest urban areas in the world and the third-largest city in the United States with a population of over a 2.7million people.
Chicago is home to many attractions and entertainments, famous world tourist centers, famous food, and many more. Chicago is known for its exquisite architecture which gives it an amazing skyline. Its famous foods include Chicago-style Hot Dogs, Chicago-style Pizza, Maxwell Street Polish Sausage, Chicago Barbeque, Jibarito Sandwiches, and many more. They are also known for their jazz music and 1920s gangsters.
Why Nurses Should Work in Chicago
As a nurse, you shouldn’t work just anywhere. Aside from the side attractions, Chicago has to offer, below are a few things their medical system offers;
- Chicago medical system creates room for advancement in your career goals.
- They offer great pay, great work-life balance, and amazing benefits.
- They assist you in accomplishing your personal goals.
- You learn new things
- They give you a clear sense of purpose.
Requirements to Get a Nursing Job in Chicago
The following are the basic requirements needed to get a nursing job in Chicago
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Registered nursing license.
- At least one year of nursing experience.
- A clean criminal record.
- Health declaration.
Top Paying Nursing Specialties in Chicago
- Anesthetist Nurse
- ICU Nurse
- Neonatal Nurse
- Psychiatric nurse
- Certified Midwife
- Pain Management Nurse
- Clinical Nurse
- Pain managementnurse
Best Paying Hospitals in Chicago for Nurses
Below are the best-paying hospitals in Chicago for nurses
- Rush University Medical
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- University of Chicago Medicine
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Northshore University Health System
1. Rush University Medical
Rush University Medical provides outstanding care to both workers and patients. They are a leading academic healthcare system dedicated to improving people’s health. They are known for its excellent education system, research, and community partnerships.
2. North-Western Memorial Hospital
Being one of the nationally ranked academic medical centers and the No. 1 hospital in Illinois, they are dedicated to providing quality and advanced healthcare. Their staff and medical students are committed to academic excellence, scientific research and discoveries, and patient safety.
3. University of Chicago Medicine
The University of Chicago Medicine is a nationally ranked hospital that has been in the health system since 1927 with medical breakthroughs. These breakthroughs may include discovering cancer is a genetic disease, introducing chemotherapy as a cancer treatment, and organ transplantation amongst others.
4. Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a non-profit teaching hospital and the sixth-largest hospital in Chicago. They operate on the physical, mental, and spiritual care of patients.
5. Northshore University Health System
At Northshore University Health System, providing quality medical care and a conducive environment for patients is their top priority.
Websites to Find Chicago Nursing Jobs
- Simply Hired
- Nurse Recruiter
Chicago is endowed with a lot of quality hospitals suitable for nurses to work in. These hospitals pay their nurses properly and provide them with opportunities to be better at what they do.
If you need help reviewing your CV and Resume, contact Fasthire today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are Nurses Paid in Chicago?
Nurses in Chicago earn an average salary of $81,300 per year.
Is Chicago a Good Location for Nurses?
Yes, it is. Apart from the side attractions it has offer, its medical system is one every nurse can work with. They are open to advancement for facilities and their staff.
Which State in the U.S.A needs Nurses the Most?
California needs nurses the most.
- Highest Paying Cities For Nursing Jobs in Illinois
- 20 Biggest USA Recruitment Agencies for Nurses
- Best Paying Hospitals in Tennessee for Nurses
- Highest Paying Hospitals for Nurses in Illinois
- Highest Paying Cities for Nurses in Australia
- 20 Recruitment Agencies for International Nurses in the USA
- 15 Highest Paying Countries in Need of Nurses 2022